Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's 1000000000000000000000000000000% about the money, and length of contract.

Unless you want to drink Chianti for a living there's no other good reason for going to that shithole of a club.

Be nice to Roma now. They're Nazio's main rivals, which - with no other feelings in particular regarding Italian football - is good enough for me to want them to do well!

Other than me feeling for fans who believe the baseless rumours, nothing mate.

You see this is because we continue to be fed by IKNs and so many posters buy it.

And I don't think that's right.

No this is not true. You come here to piss in people's cheerios to complain about whatever it is that day.

Rarely do you bring substance. Just short snide remarks looking for an argument.

Who are you to call these rumors baseless? If it bothers you seeing people discuss "baseless" rumors, why are you in the rumor thread?

Last edited:

Real Betis coach, Rubi, has spoken at midday about the number of players he expects in terms of incorporations. A number that could vary depending on whether there are more or fewer outings of players with national and international market.

One of them could be Lo Celso, whose performances in his first season as a Betis player have not gone unnoticed by national and foreign teams. "Betis is clear that they are very valid players for us. But there is the other part. From there you have to try to convince and if not, try to get as much money as possible to bring another footballer. I know exactly who does and who does not intend. We are talking about a case, that maybe the idea of leaving the player is very clear. The rest remains safe. "

Could it be Lo Celso ?, the green-and-white coach was consulted directly: "It could be, there are several ... As a coach I am delighted that he could join and we would help him to do what he did last year, which was to play football very well and enjoy, "Rubi replied about the Argentine player.

On the other hand, the coach from Verdiblanco also spoke about the captain of the squad, Joaquín. "The debate has already been closed. Not a minute of training has been lost. You see that quality is not going to be lost. I want it to remain as it is. Surely it will give us a lot. They are players who decide more for them than for the coach. "

Don't see that one is linked with the other (CB for the future) tbh...

With the whole loan-back idea it'll be a deal for tomorrow; both literally and in terms of the balance sheet; it needn't hamper today.

Also, who's to say the other CBs you mention wouldn't cost similar... I'd suspect they would if Saliba's sale sets any degree of a precedent.

But we’ve already got two young CB’s here already (Sanchez and Foyth) that need more game time, and two or three very promising ones coming through the academy, and Dier, i think just about every other part of the team needs money before CB does, even if we lose TA.

We’ve got Dier and Sanchez for now, Foyth for tomorrow and Eyoma, Tanganga, Lyons-Foster for the day after.

If the guy was a leftie, it might be slightly different, but we’ve got RCB’s coming out our arses.

But we’ve already got two young CB’s here already (Sanchez and Foyth) that need more game time, and two or three very promising ones coming through the academy, and Dier, i think just about every other part of the team needs money before CB does, even if we lose TA.

We’ve got Dier and Sanchez for now, Foyth for tomorrow and Eyoma, Tanganga, Lyons-Foster for the day after.

If the guy was a leftie, it might be slightly different, but we’ve got RCB’s coming out our arses.
If we sign Sessegnon and keep Rose, then Davies could be our back up LCB.

I think we could sell Danny though.

If we sign Sessegnon and keep Rose, then Davies could be our back up LCB.

I think we could sell Danny though.

I really don't see Sessegnon's best position as a LB, and I really don't rate Davies much as CB and he's definitely not good enough at LCB to be our permanent one going forward, which is possibly why even when JV's been out Poch has shuffled the RCB's around and played two of them usually.

I really don't see Sessegnon's best position as a LB, and I really don't rate Davies much as CB and he's definitely not good enough at LCB to be our permanent one going forward, which is possibly why even when JV's been out Poch has shuffled the RCB's around and played two of them usually.
Good point, though I thought he was ok there in a back 3 (which I hate)

Back
Top Bottom