Villa H Sat 10 Aug 17:30 BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can't work out what our formation or tactics are, there's absolutely no movement from the attacking 3 or supporting midfielders when Toby or Winks/NDombele are looking to play the ball forward. The ball needs to be moved quicker and players moving in to space to pull the Villa players out of position or to play around them.

I'm serious Bazali Bazali

When was his last good performance? Not talking about a goal from the middle agaisnt Juventus. Might have been for England against Spain?

Sorry mate but you can’t judge him on today’s performance as his service has been crap

Yes he should have put the offside one away but he’s had one decent cross all game

Well, we are using him in totally wrong position, and this is down to Poch.

With this squad it should be understandable to a blind person that we should line up 4-3-3 !!! I mean it is easyiest choice you can make. This also would have given more protection to defence. But we put Sissoko to AM position where he looks like regular deer-in-headlights like he was before he was pushed to CM.
I felt that we should have gone with 4231, Sissoko being the more defending minded one.
They are too crowded inside, so difficult to cut through.

But why. Liverpool aren't playing with creative midfielders, but still seems to work for them
They have elite attacking wing backs that provide most of their chances and their front 3 is extremely good at stretching opponents defence and carrying the ball.

They also play a 4-3-3 which is why they need 3 very athletic runners in midfield, not the same type of players you'd play in a diamond or 4-2-3-1

Sissoko needs to come off for Eriksen imo. We need to a creative player on the pitch and Sissoko in a game like this isn’t having any impact.

Positives have been Walker-Peters, Rose and Winks. The rest need to pull their finger out, if we lose this we could very easily be pointless after two games. We want to talk trophies but games like this can’t be slip ups.

Winks, Rose, KWP doing well. Team is 90% doing well but it's like a phone number that is 90% correct.
Eriksen is needed desperately.

90% doing well? How about 40%? That half was desperate from the back to the midfield to the attack. Fair play they are putting in the effort but it was like Tim Sherwood was in charge of that half of football

Back
Top Bottom