Villa H Sat 10 Aug 17:30 BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In his final 2 and half years with us he got 1 goal and 2 assists. He was never an offensive CM.

Teams actually have to worry about Ndombele.

He is the buy of summer transfer market IMO.
Iniesta didnt score or assist much either. Guess he provided nothing offensively as well.

Sigh

I dont have an agenda you see. I call it as I see it.

Now dont you look the cunt for not reading the thread properly.
Didn't you say you'd stop posting if Eriksen had a masterclass today? Well after he came on the light bulb switched on and we scored three goals.

Anyway, I hope you don't tbh, you make a lot of sense in some of the things you say but it's just rubbed me the wrong way how you've been after him all summer.

I thought at the 30 minute mark that Villa would tire in the second half - they were simply trying to cover too much space.

Whilst Eriksen coming on did have an impact, I think the gaps started to appear largely because Villa were shattered and stopped closing down space. The third goal, in particular, shows this - Grealish simply fell over the slightest bit of pressure.

The Ndombele goal had nothing to do with Eriksen either so I struggle to see how we can attribute that to him.

In fact Eriksen and Ndombele compliment each other, once the two are playing they are the player the other team should not give space. The most improved players when Eriksen came were him and Ndombele, can't avoid to think that's cause one creates space for the other to play.
PS: BUT THE DIAMOND SUCKS.

Still got Son, Dele, Lo Celso and Sessegnon to come into this squad too.

giphy.gif

Quite a ride. We were bad in the first half, no doubt about it. The formation was wrong, the player selection was wrong, and we bungled a couple of good opportunities.

Everything changed with Eriksen's introduction. He was on the ball everywhere and made some delicious passes. It was actually a little disheartening to see everybody defer to him and pass the ball back to him. But any accusations that he's uninterested have to go by the wayside at this point.

Fantastic goal by Ndombele. He also showed some great skill with a couple of his passes. I do think we need a bit higher workrate out of him though, but the foundation is there.

Great composure by Kane to score twice.

Lamela was pretty poor, but it was his hustle that led to the go-ahead goal.

I thought KWP was good...he wasn't asked to defend really so this game played to his strengths.

Rose also was decent though he didn't exactly cover himself in glory on the Villa goal. But I feel like maybe Sanchez should be tracking that player.

Good play from Toby. Broke up some Villa attacks.

OK performance by Winks...he had a critical tackle at one point that probably saved a goal.

Sissoko showed why he's not cut out for these games where we have to break a packed defense down. He's perfect for the games with more wide open play.

Sanchez had a game to forget. Moura was invisible.

Full credit to Villa who played really well.

I thought at the 30 minute mark that Villa would tire in the second half - they were simply trying to cover too much space.

Whilst Eriksen coming on did have an impact, I think the gaps started to appear largely because Villa were shattered and stopped closing down space. The third goal, in particular, shows this - Grealish simply fell over the slightest bit of pressure.

The Ndombele goal had nothing to do with Eriksen either so I struggle to see how we can attribute that to him.
Um... his cross into sanchez was brilliant... which pretty much started the whole play

Didn't you say you'd stop posting if Eriksen had a masterclass today? Well after he came on the light bulb switched on and we scored three goals.

Anyway, I hope you don't tbh, you make a lot of sense in some of the things you say but it's just rubbed me the wrong way how you've been after him all summer.

I stand by what I said....I thought he was crap last season.
Today he was dropped, as Ive been calling for. Maybe he needed to be dropped earlier if it inspires him to play well.

Today was no masterclass. He did his job to the level I expect him to do for at least 3/4 of a season.
The reason people think that was world class, is because their standards of him have dropped.

That was bread and butter Eriksen, playing well, while those around him lacked composure and cohesion.

But Im a man of my word. Bye.

As I said, I love Spurs more the less I post here.......Im sick of hating fellow Yids, its like posting on a gooner forum sometimes. Enjoy the ride.

Back
Top Bottom