Celtic

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can't find a thread which I'm shocked about. If there is one - delete this and point me there please!

Surely all this bollocks about their treble-treble (like beating up children and boasting) has been utterly blown out of the water by going out of the CL at the preliminary stages to a pub team from Romania?

I would genuinely LOVE Celtic to join the English league, so they can be shown up entirely. I'm not saying they'd lose every week, they have the WHU mentality of raising their game for big occasions, especially at home.
But they would go down after a season or 2.
I would contend that if they started in league 2, they'd struggle to make it to the PL.

They're shit.
Their fans are shit.
Their stadium is shit.
Their food and drink is shit.
Their country is shit (tongue in cheek - apologies scottish fans!) :adethumbup:

Fuck Celtic

Last edited:
I can't find a thread which I'm shocked about. If there is one - delete this and point me there please!

Surely all this bollocks about their treble-treble (like beating up children and boasting) has been utterly blown out of the water by going out of the CL at the preliminary stages to a pub team from Romania?

I would genuinely LOVE Celtic to join the English league, so they can be shown up entirely. I'm not saying they'd lose every week, they have the WHU mentality of raising their game for big occasions, especially at home.
I would contend that if they started in league 2, they'd struggle to make it to the PL.
they would be a Newcastle sized team given a 5-10 years, I hope they never get in personally.

Firstly, Scottish football is appalling, has been for 20 years, and Celtic and their fans are scum.
Yes they would at the moment struggle in the English top flight, probably competing with the worst PL and top championship sides - however due to their ridiculous fanbase - they would quickly accumulate the wealth to start bringing in top players and rise up the league. Not saying they would challenge the top teams but they could easily be up and around the top 8. Glasgow is also an excellent city - easily as attractive as Liverpool and Manchester.
What is totally unacceptable is the sectarian/religious chanting and songs of both the Glasgow teams.

If Celtic and Rangers wish to join the English leagues then they need to start at the bottom and work their way up.

Maybe the National Conference or whatever it's called nowadays.

Earn it rather than think that they ought to be given instant PL status.

I don't want either club in any of our leagues if I'm being honest. In fact we should allow Hearts and Hibs to join instead!

I love Glasgow,and for the most part the Scottish people.
I just detest Celtic.
Had too much grief and run ins with their fans down the years.
I get how some would view Rangers as the otherside of the same coin, but i have a soft spot for them and never had bother off their fans.
As for Scottish drink.They make the finest whisky in the world, though i have yet to find an Ale up there i can really take too.
Very like northern Ireland in that respect.
Haggis is a gift from god.Love it

I know this is a Celtic thread, but I'd like to add that Rangers are absolute cunts.

Haven't had to hear the Rangers fans and media crowing about how great they are for the last 5 or 6 years though. And them going all the way down to the bottom took any competition away from Celtic, meaning they got found out every time away from their domestic league.

Cluj aren't exactly newcomers to the European scene, and are a 'decent' team (more decent than Celtic and their inept manager, I would suggest).

Thankfully, the idea of Celtic (and Rangers, I assume) coming down to join the system in England is now so far removed it won't happen in my lifetime. I never got the media claims that English football 'need' Celtic and Rangers. No thanks, we have enough 90-minute bigots as it is without further diluting the quality of football down here.

Celtic and Rangers in the English leagues was a big topic about 10 or 15 years ago but don’t see it happening now.
I don’t think even the clubs themselves consider it now. Especially just now they are more concerned with winning/stopping * 10 in a row.
* Delete as appropriate

Celtic are a huge club with a massive fan base. If they were to get some of the PL TV money they would challenge top 6, there is no doubt about that.

Cluj aren’t exactly a pub team, pal. Sure the league is a fucking joke and they got knocked out by Dudelange last year lol but they’re far from a pub team this year. Petrescu is a decent manager.

Cluj aren't exactly newcomers to the European scene, and are a 'decent' team (more decent than Celtic and their inept manager, I would suggest).

Thankfully, the idea of Celtic (and Rangers, I assume) coming down to join the system in England is now so far removed it won't happen in my lifetime. I never got the media claims that English football 'need' Celtic and Rangers. No thanks, we have enough 90-minute bigots as it is without further diluting the quality of football down here.

All we hear about is that Celtic were the first british team to win the European Cup and their rich history. They seem to forget they haven't been a force outside Scotland for decades.
Appreciate Cluj aren't a nobody team, but they're in the competition at the same stage as Celtic. so not better in terms of rank.

Part of the reason for the talk about the 2 Glasgow clubs joining the EFL structure was for the same reason Swansea and Cardiff did - so they can actually have a challenge rather than play in front of 9 fans in the arse end of nowhere.

Celtic and Rangers in the English leagues was a big topic about 10 or 15 years ago but don’t see it happening now.
I don’t think even the clubs themselves consider it now. Especially just now they are more concerned with winning/stopping * 10 in a row.
* Delete as appropriate

And this is the tedious thing. Celtic haven't had any competition since Rangers went belly up. None at all, so winning trebles should be a given, not an achievement. If we went down to league 1 tomorrow, with all our current squad and set up, I would shocked if we didn't win that league by a country mile. If there was also a cup that only included those teams, I would be shocked if we didn't win that too. That is Celtic. They're playing in a league that should be 2 below them.

Celtic are a huge club with a massive fan base. If they were to get some of the PL TV money they would challenge top 6, there is no doubt about that.

Are they any more huge than Newcastle, or West Ham, or Everton?
Do they attract overseas fans like Premier League teams do? Not expat Scots, but overseas fans in the US, Africa, India etc.

Cluj aren’t exactly a pub team, pal. Sure the league is a fucking joke and they got knocked out by Dudelange last year lol but they’re far from a pub team this year. Petrescu is a decent manager.

Would Cluj knock any of our top 4 out ?
Would they even knock our Ropey league teams out?

All we hear about is that Celtic were the first british team to win the European Cup and their rich history. They seem to forget they haven't been a force outside Scotland for decades.
Appreciate Cluj aren't a nobody team, but they're in the competition at the same stage as Celtic. so not better in terms of rank.

Part of the reason for the talk about the 2 Glasgow clubs joining the EFL structure was for the same reason Swansea and Cardiff did - so they can actually have a challenge rather than play in front of 9 fans in the arse end of nowhere.

And this is the tedious thing. Celtic haven't had any competition since Rangers went belly up. None at all, so winning trebles should be a given, not an achievement. If we went down to league 1 tomorrow, with all our current squad and set up, I would shocked if we didn't win that league by a country mile. If there was also a cup that only included those teams, I would be shocked if we didn't win that too. That is Celtic. They're playing in a league that should be 2 below them.

Do they attract overseas fans like Premier League teams do? Not expat Scots, but overseas fans in the US, Africa, India etc.

Would Cluj knock any of our top 4 out ?
Would they even knock our Ropey league teams out?
In all seriousness, I don’t think you can underestimate the global fan base of Celtic - or Rangers for that matter.

'Ex-pat' Scots?

They have huge support in the US and also Australia, especially in areas with Irish communities. I don't profess to know about their support in Africa or India. I am willing to bet though that it is quite significant (perhaps passing interest rather actual support to be honest) however, with the money they would earn in English football they would eclipse the likes of Newcastle, West Ham and Everton, easily.

Don't underestimate their worldwide support.

'Ex-pat' Scots?

They have huge support in the US and also Australia, especially in areas with Irish communities. I don't profess to know about their support in Africa or India. I am willing to bet though that it is quite significant (perhaps passing interest rather actual support to be honest) however, with the money they would earn in English football they would eclipse the likes of Newcastle, West Ham and Everton, easily.
I lived in Melbourne in the mid/late 90s, there were around - I think - 9 or 10 Celtic supporters clubs there at that time, Rangers had plenty also.
In saying that, I met more than a few other Scots who supported one or the other and a lot of them said they were glad to get away from all the religious/sectarian BS and watch their teams from afar.

If Celtic and Rangers wish to join the English leagues then they need to start at the bottom and work their way up.

Maybe the National Conference or whatever it's called nowadays.

Earn it rather than think that they ought to be given instant PL status.

I don't want either club in any of our leagues if I'm being honest. In fact we should allow Hearts and Hibs to join instead!
Oh you should, should you!

Back
Top Bottom