Olympiacos vs Tottenham Hotspur (18th September @ 17:55)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Home after work to watch the game on the recorder. I should have stayed at work and been admitted to the psychiatric ward for my continuing support...!
What an unholy mess. It was like a football version of the tortoise and the hare. Spurs seem to have all momentum and verve for the game stripped out of them. One could obviously pick out individuals but those particular players were like the wrong pieces in a jigsaw puzzle. The set up was all wrong. There was absolutely no energy or enthusiasm. It was like a 3rd round FA Cup match at Barnsley.
And why didn't Poch make some much needed changes at half time? Even my wife could see that. Leaving Ndombele and Dele (who I love), on there was a no brainer. And bringing on Lamela, (who really should have started) and taking off Lucas, the creative and most energetic player there, I just don't understand. Lucas was the only one apart from Winks showing any desire. If we play like that against Leicester we're going to be punished, badly!
Thinking about the lack of motivation, the stupid subs at the wrong time, the fact that yet again we have thrown away a clear advantage, you must ask yourself who is ultimately responsible for the team picked, where they're placed and the tactics involved. Even the most hardened Poch supporter will have to admit this points towards a lack of leadership and not that much interest in pretty much anything. If we let this continue, we won't be top 4, we won't be in the CL and end we might very well end up halfway down the table. I think it's time for Daniel to have a word with him. At 8 Mil. a year, I expect fire in the belly and I see nothing to show that he has any.
If that shot hadn't hit the woodwork in the 1st half, we very well may have not even got the 1 point. I don't care whether we win or lose but for God's sake, at least try! To play the way they did today is just taking the piss out of all of us rooting so desperately for them.
Shameful performance. Time to get drunk!!!!

What's the fucking point in supporting a football team if I can't get upset about things I can't change, can't argue with strangers on the internet and can't easily blame poor results on individual players?

😳

I have an idea.

why don't we start an youtube show where Spurs fans can voice their opinion about matches.

we'll do it right outside of the stadium.

We'll call it... SpursTV

It's a billion dollar idea

Dele wasn't playing well last season because his gf dumped him and now because he is coming of injury, could you please text me when he is at his sharpest in case I won't be around.
And last year it was also his hand injury that was prevent him doing well playing football. And the year before the GF dumping it was because he was changing/interviewing new managers. But once he get over all of that he will be prime Messi.

Here you go...

You’ve twisted my arm

Will try one tonight and add the black currant juice while watching Frankfurt fuck the Goons

And last year it was also his hand injury that was prevent him doing well playing football. And the year before the GF dumping it was because he was changing/interviewing new managers. But once he get over all of that he will be prime Messi.

So gf dumps him and then later on he gets a hand injury. Hmmm seems logical tbf

They not just complaining about the performances in the CL - there is a trend going back nearly a year now.

The notion that we should be content simply because we are in the CL when there is clear regression across all areas of the playing side is simply absurd.
A YEAR you say....? Well, they do say a week is a long time in football, so a year must feel like a lifetime for some!

I think what grates, are people complaining about 'regression' when clearly our PROGRESSION over the last 5 years was incomprehensible 2 decades ago...
We weren't even IN the Champions League for the first 18 years of it's 'rebranded' existence... and then only once before...

We've been in it 4 seasons on the bounce now, that's PROGRESS, surely?
... and it's BECAUSE we're relatively grounded fans, and can remember a life BEFORE CL football, that it isn't, nor should it be taken for granted....

It's hard to justify fans 'expecting' to qualify... we're there on merit, hard earned, rode our luck at times, but not for one second assumed we'd make it in each year...
THAT'S the progression...

Any regression would mean we've become SO accustomed and blasé to demand we qualify, and anything less is a step back... I'd hate to be so self entitled!!

We were beaten finalists last season, there's only one more step up left, and that's to WIN the thing... that leaves a LOT more opportunity for a so called backwards step...

Would reaching the Semis (but losing) this year be regression, just 'cos we went one better last season??

Regression is nearly 2 decades of turgid, mid table dross, with the occasional flirtation with relegation.... yet (apart from the 1990/91 season) that was us from the late '80s until the mid-to-late 2000's!!
...we went almost 16 years without beating Chelsea FFS... and yet that 'hoodoo' was broken 13 years ago!!

I've kinda lost track of what my original point was meant to be, but fuck it... I know what I mean!!

I probably would've taken a point before the match, but the performance was so poor that it's worrying for the rest of the group stage. No way we make it out playing like that.

It's been 7 years and still struggling to understand what Lamela offers to this team
He must be a great laugh on a night out, because if I remember right he didn’t originally sign a 7 year contract so some genius in their wisdom thought it was a plan to offer him another contract🙄 good nights out are important for moral I suppose!!

Back
Top Bottom