Colchester United v Tottenham Hotspur (24-09-19) (7.45pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The other thing our players haven't taken into consideration, is that after tonight, Southampton are gonna be on a fucking high at the weekend...
Lets deal with THAT as well eh?

It's all about momentum.... something we haven't had since June 1st....

In football you have to seize the moment. Too many thought you can just gradually build with sms steps. But things change quickly. We missed the boat when we had a really good team & decided not to go for it. Past our peak now. Then you have the painful rebuild.

Exactly, we fucked it two seasons ago when we penny pinched, that's on the manager for not having the balls to demand players and the chairman for not having the balls to take a risk at the time.

Meh, not quite yet. I could see us winning the next 3 league matches. Combine that with a performance against Bayern and he’ll be fine.

Probably.

And we'll still win fuck all AGAIN. It's time for the next level mate we're not progressing!

Can,t believe how negative everyone is. Lots of teams in the top 4 have been knocked out over the years at venues like these. Bumpy pitches with drizzly , damp weather, up against a team who get everyone behind the ball who fight for everything..
Bad performance tonight and yes our overall form is in a slump but would you rather be a Man U fan right now, and look at their history?
2 back to back wins in Premier league and our form will change.
I mean I don’t agree with everyone but I understand why people are negative and upset.

That was embarrassing, and it’s not like it’s out of character with the team at the moment.

I don’t buy the NARRATIVE but it’s clearly not going well.

Melt, my darlings.. melt..

tenor.gif

That and we need to have a serious think about what our owners want for this club as well mate, if the next manager they bring in isn't a proven winner then we will know.

I surprises me that there's a question over this, the owners have only ever wanted a profitable business and that's been clear for years.
They don't care about trophies or being proven winners, they just want whatever brings in the most money. They're probably not bothered about this result because a mickey mouse cup run has very little financial gain and playing in one less competition makes it easier to focus on getting top 4 and CL football.
Whilst Poch is probably disappointed about the result on a personal level it may not do any damage on a professional one as I wouldn't be surprised if his only target from Levy is top 4. The fans are baying for his blood, but I reckon things are probably different behind the scenes.

We just lost to the lowest ranked club in the competition. Have not won away in 8 months and taken less than 20 points since Christmas, and people are still defending this coaching team - I honestly wish I could be that optimistic as to think they deserve their jobs still.
People defend the owners & chairman who pick this awful manager. So why not

Back
Top Bottom