Colchester United v Tottenham Hotspur (24-09-19) (7.45pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch on why it is tough
It is because we have the experience in football and the feelings in pre-season I told you. Now it’s about arriving in a difficult situation and we need to recover the time we lost in pre-season. Maybe our performances are good, but it’s about having a different agenda and we need to build that togetherness.

What the fuck is he talking about? what time did we lose in pre-season Poch?

Why do all your teams start every season so fucking slow Poch?

Did you know that excuses are like Arseholes Poch? Everybody has one....

Fair enough, I personally think it's worse when our full strength team is shamed. We put out a team of youngsters and players returning from injury, with little form and in some cases fitness. It's a terrible result but ive been way more pissed off.
Ive seen all the shite thats been put out in a spurs shirt since my first game in the late 60s .. first team or squad players... you fucking beat teams like colchester simple !

Very, very negative. Were we too good to get beat tonight going into this game? Have we been playing scintillating football recently? Our form is poor and it needs to change asap but the fans have to get behind the team and manager and be positive.

Teddy Sheringham wasn,t a great Pen. Taker.
The fans have been trying for ages but at some point you have to concede enough is enough. Unless you accept the problems and address them, you're never ever going to improve. And we are at the stage now where crucial and unpleasant decisions have to be made. I'm not being negative. I'm a pragmatist and if a patient is unlikely to improve, I will tell them. Unpleasant things have to be faced in life and being a Spurs supporter, you need to open your eyes, not bury your head in the sand with the same old excuses.

I surprises me that there's a question over this, the owners have only ever wanted a profitable business and that's been clear for years.
They don't care about trophies or being proven winners, they just want whatever brings in the most money. They're probably not bothered about this result because a mickey mouse cup run has very little financial gain and playing in one less competition makes it easier to focus on getting top 4 and CL football.
Whilst Poch is probably disappointed about the result on a personal level it may not do any damage on a professional one as I wouldn't be surprised if his only target from Levy is top 4. The fans are baying for his blood, but I reckon things are probably different behind the scenes.

The worrying thing is not this result its a succession of results.

I had thought the results from January onwards last season were largely the result of a long list of injuries (in turn caused by a WC where 10 of our players who got to last 4 got back a few days before the season started - no pre-season so no conditioning and that's what caused all the muscular injuries (eg hamstrings) that blighted our season. All glossed over by an amazing CL run, but the results in PL were poor averaging about a point a game after January.

But performances have not been good this season so far - about 5 changes before Olympiacos and same again before Leicester and about 10 tonight, but Spurs struggling to put together anything other than poor to average performances.

Poch has been saying pretty weird things since appearing to saying 'I'll leave if we win CL' - but I've generally avoided that as he does say shit, but its not been that positive.

So its on the football pitch the questions now are - and how committed are players like Eriksen and Wanyama ? And if not maybe don't pick them.

Think we have the nucleus of a decent squad of experienced players who are committed to Spurs including Lloris, Gazzanigga, Dier, Dele, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Winks, Son, Kane and Lamela, Sanchez and a few others plus youngsters so we are not in a bad place.

But they do need motivating - and atm I don't see Poch doing that.

Maybe he'll turn things round in the next few games, or next 10 games max, but if he doesn't, it'll be time for a new manager, sadly.

And I say sadly as I thought over the summer that he'd be here for at least another 5 years or so. But the player attitude this season tells me I may have got that wrong.

My worry listening to Poch talking about rebuilding in the next two windows, is that Levy will be happy with Poch providing we make the top 4 every season, and that will be the extent of our ambition.

Poch will become like Wenger but without the trophies

I don’t especially like my boss nor his boss nor the organisation, but I am paid to do my job so I do it as well as I can, putting as much into it as I can so my team feel that I at least care and maybe they will do a better job for it.

I don’t down tools, moan about shit and put up with Piss poor performance, if I don’t tolerate it on my minuscule wage, why does Poch on his mega money ?
You ignored my point that levy picked poch who is all the bad things you say above. So levy has cocked up. & surely if poch is that bad why hasn't levy fired him yet? So you really want him sacked but the 1 guy who can sack him hasn't but that's not a bad thing?

He said maybe give him a break he just lost to Colchester United. He might not even know what country he is in right now.

If you heard an Arsensal fan say, "Good performance against Colchester, even though it was 0-0" you would think they were taking the piss and mocking you. But when Poch says it, it's fine because he added the word maybe?

Does anyone on here think that was a good performance? Yet our delusional manager does.

You ignored my point that levy picked poch who is all the bad things you say above. So levy has cocked up. & surely if poch is that bad why hasn't levy fired him yet? So you really want him sacked but the 1 guy who can sack him hasn't but that's not a bad thing?
Frankly tonight. I want rid of ENIC and Levy and lastly Poch. Then Eriksen and Alli and so on.

But Poch can’t keep this type of form up and ENIC are a busted flush.

So ideally they go in tandem. Time to move on.

Back
Top Bottom