Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
Poch out for me.

Man has been serving up shite for 1.5 years without being able to turn it around. We talk about players improving over time, Poch has been making the same mistakes and in some ways he's actually regressed.

Performances are terrible, tactics are all over the place, line-ups are questionable, can't motivate, always moody, can't manage in-game, subs are a joke.

Does anyone remember his stupid book? Has anyone ever pat themselves on the back for achieving nothing?

You may say, give him time, how long are you meant to give? Until players' careers are over? He has a weak mentality and we've had to endure all his moody quitting BS for months. Who wants to hear and live with that negativity all the time?

He's become a fucking moaner and an excuse factory.

I'm not for getting rid of a squad that should be challenging for the title for a man who has never won a trophy and has shown nowhere near the quality or mentality to be able to do so in his entire managerial career.
His talk of the next two transfer windows is, in my opinion, yet another attempt to buy time for himself. I fear greatly where we could end up with a squad that is completely demoralised,disenchanted and unmotivated by him before we reach the January one let alone next summer.
I also doubt whether Levy would finance such a massive overhaul. Extremely worrying times.
Currently his Managerial Suitability Account may still be in credit after all he has done but there have been some massive withdrawals on it in recent weeks and it needs close watching.

Last edited:
His talk of the next two transfer windows is, in my opinion, yet another attempt to buy time for himself. I fear greatly where we could end up with a squad that is completely demoralised,disenchanted and unmotivated by him before we reach the January one let alone next summer.
I also doubt whether Levy would finance such a massive overhaul. Extremely worrying times.
Currently his Managerial Suitability Account may still be in credit after all he has done but there have been some massive withdrawals on it in recent weeks and it needs close watching.

Levy has to finance the overhaul because we know for sure Alderweireld, Vertonghen and Eriksen are leaving on free transfers plus Wanyama, Aurier and Rose want to leave. Money has to be spent no matter who the manager is

Ferguson showed his genius by being able to continually tear down and rebuild a team. Poch has not shown he can do this, but he has been hamstrung by the stadium build. For that alone, I think he deserves more time. How much more time depends on if we start to see some green shoots of recovery or not.

We have to stop putting Poch at the same level of a Ferguson. Ferguson was a genius manager, winner, motivator, one of the best ever. Crazy talk

It's all on Levy.

Maybe your right. In fact you probably are right. Poch should go.

But not because he's a poor manager. But because he's the wrong manager.
The wrong manager to continue working under a regime that sees fit to let an over achieving, over worked squad that he so tirelessly nurtured stagnate and burn out with 0 fucking investment for 18 months just when we were on the cusp of greatness.

A chairman who undervalues our top performers but refuses to sell unlest he gets top value prices leaving half our first team disillusioned and uninterested.

Poch has lost his magic. But he's also lost his motivation.
And only one man can be held responsible.

When the next manager fails. You'll be the first to want him out.
And the one after that. And the one after that.

But still you'll show your undying support for the rotten apple at the top and his stinking profit means all philosophy.

Fans like you, so smug in our times of trouble, make me sick
Type what you want.
Pretending you don’t blame the manager to save face means nothing.

I don’t believe you anymore so your views are empty

You, and some others on here who know who they are, basking in this mess we are in to feed your own ego are a fucking disgrace. Absolute definition of scum.

Oh dear
Where’s the Happy clapper?

Basking in what mess? There’s no mess!

We got the CL Final!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Life’s GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clap
Clap
Clap
Clap

Fuck off.
You denied what was played out for nearly a year. But because it’s smacked you the fucking face now, everyone that TOLD YOU SO is a cunt?

Blind wanker, not our fault you just had a cold shower. Should have listened earlier instead of slagging people off. Learn football....learn to see what is happening in front of you.

You were told if this continued you’d all change your tune....but go ahead and pretend Levy didn’t give Poch a squad that can beat 4th division. Prick

Last edited:
We have to stop putting Poch at the same level of a Ferguson. Ferguson was a genius manager, winner, motivator, one of the best ever. Crazy talk
I dont think he is at the same level. My point was that if Poch wants to get to the same level, he needs to show he can rebuild a team. So far he hasnt done that.

He would also need around 20 trophies as well, to be really on the same level.

It's all on Levy.

Maybe your right. In fact you probably are right. Poch should go.

But not because he's a poor manager. But because he's the wrong manager.
The wrong manager to continue working under a regime that sees fit to let an over achieving, over worked squad that he so tirelessly nurtured stagnate and burn out with 0 fucking investment for 18 months just when we were on the cusp of greatness.

A chairman who undervalues our top performers but refuses to sell unlest he gets top value prices leaving half our first team disillusioned and uninterested.

Poch has lost his magic. But he's also lost his motivation.
And only one man can be held responsible.

When the next manager fails. You'll be the first to want him out.
And the one after that. And the one after that.

But still you'll show your undying support for the rotten apple at the top and his stinking profit means all philosophy.

Fans like you, so smug in our times of trouble, make me sick
Sammy was proved wrong a long time ago with big spenders like 'crap' city winning the title again. He swore spending big is a waste of time yet the big spenders regained the title. No manager is going to win us titles & CL unless we invest a lot more. For that, we need new owners & chairman.

Sammy was proved wrong a long time ago with big spenders like 'crap' city winning the title again. He swore spending big is a waste of time yet the big spenders regained the title. No manager is going to win us titles & CL unless we invest a lot more. For that, we need new owners & chairman.
We just lost to Colchester. We spent 130M

We spent nothing and got the CL Final.

Who’s been proven wrong?
The manager has lost his mojo, it’s as simple as that. The Scouse messiah complex around him is a disgrace.

Levy will still be here long after Poch.
Pick your loyalties.....club or current manager, simple as that. Or fuck with him.

Blame Team Poch or Blame Team Levy is all we hear from the fans right now, so it definitely says one thing, we have a problem, I mean nobody is on here shouting about how good things are going🙄

So who is really to blame? Well in my opinion both....Each camp will argue their case admirably and each camp will make good and reasonable arguments, but truth be told this is Spurs 2019, it’s the same Spurs since 2001, a Spurs operating under a checks and balance system, so it should not be a surprise to one single fan that this is how we operate, we have been doing it for nearly 20 years now🧐

So every manager we have had during this time has had to work under the exact same conditions, and none of them complained when we offered them the job whilst putting pen to paper on a more lucrative contract than they previously had, no it was Spurs and they couldn’t, and wouldn’t turn it down.

None of it will change whilst we operate the club in the way we currently do. Levy has always sought to bring us the best manager available, as he has done with players, and no these were not people standing in the unemployment line, they were the “best” “we” “Spurs” could get at any given time, some worked out and some didn’t, people like Santini couldn’t hack it, where as people like Redknapp became a victim of their own “Spurs” success, they craved more and more as their stock was rising, partly due to the praise heaped on them by “us” the fan.
But inevitably they wanted more, which this club couldn’t provide, sadly Pochettino has wondered down that path too, as did Redknapp before him, as did Modric, Walker and Bale too, and soon enough Eriksen, Alderweireld and Vertonghen will follow them to pastures new.
Kane will undoubtably follow soon enough as well.

So people, the only way that this peaks and troughs cycle is broken is by operating the club in a different way, and we know what that means, ENIC and Levy must depart White Hart Lane.

But the risk of replacing a manager is a lot less than the risk of replacing the owners....

So maybe Pochettino was right when he said we must be brave, maybe he meant we “the fans” need to get ENIC out to fuck😂
Wouldn't be bothered at all if enic sold up & levy left.

I think he has to go. It seems he has lost the full backing of the squad. Even if certain players leave and new ones come in there will still be a large number of players who still remain who have been part of this malaise over the last 18 months or so.

Fresh start, new voice, new ideas. Poch also needs a change of scenery, no matter what anyone thinks he has done a very good job even if we didn't manage to win anything during this time. Top 4 finishes, CL nights, some great London derby wins, the transition from old WHL to the NWHL and all the upheaval in between it's been a busy, exciting and testing time for everyone

I dont think he is at the same level. My point was that if Poch wants to get to the same level, he needs to show he can rebuild a team. So far he hasnt done that.

He would also need around 20 trophies as well, to be really on the same level.

I know. However he will never get to anywhere near that level. Winning and rebuilding go together if he wants true longevity. He cannot lose and rebuild, lose and rebuild and so on.

You are probably right, but dont give up hope just yet

I have given up hope, I think a change will be good for the club, the players and for Poch himself. I like the guy very much. Actually that's probably the problem, he is too likeable. No-one could ever say Ferguson was a likeable guy. I don't think Poch has that killer instinct that true winners have.

I never thought that Poch was a top manager, getting players fit and running around is not tactics,
tactics are having a way to play
I can't believe we practice free kicks or corners
we only have 2 players that can see the early pass (Kane & Eriksen) the rest take so long to see a pass that they take 4 or 5 torches of the ball
passing sidewards & backwards is easy, I could do that

Levy is stuck
sack him and he has to pay up his contact & lose out on any "Transfer fee" when/if Madrid/PSG Man U take him as manager
Keep and we miss out on CL next season that's £50m down the toilet

Levy has to finance the overhaul because we know for sure Alderweireld, Vertonghen and Eriksen are leaving on free transfers plus Wanyama, Aurier and Rose want to leave. Money has to be spent no matter who the manager is
I agree but I just wonder whether Levy would rather give someone else the task of spending it.

Levy is stuck
sack him and he has to pay up his contact & lose out on any "Transfer fee" when/if Madrid/PSG Man U take him as manager
Keep and we miss out on CL next season that's £50m down the toilet
I honestly believe that Poch will walk if things continue. As I've said before he's a very proud man. If he feels he no longer has the support of his players then he will be knocking on Levy's door not the other way around.

I honestly believe that Poch will walk if things continue. As I've said before he's a very proud man. If he feels he no longer has the support of his players then he will be knocking on Levy's door not the other way around.
I believe its what he wanted since the CL final, and he naively thought we´d win so he had the perfect stage to walk out on.
Seems like that defeat had consequences far beyond what we imagined and he lost focus and trust among the squad.
And we´re supposed to still be celebrating that night..

I believe its what he wanted since the CL final, and he naively thought we´d win so he had the perfect stage to walk out on.
Seems like that defeat had consequences far beyond what we imagined and he lost focus and trust among the squad.
And we´re supposed to still be celebrating that night..
To ask for another two transfer windows to sort things out with the squad we already have is taking the piss. It also does nothing to motivate the current players if they feel Poch wants such a massive rebuild. Losing last night and watching his team selection (Wanyama particularly) and response to how the match was going in relation to subs was both gutting and baffling.

Back
Top Bottom