Brighton (A) 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I worry about the club firstly, but also I have huge respect for Poch for dragging us back to a position where we are now.

I do think it's time for him to go, but there's no need to crucify the man.

Who said anything about crucifying him....? I've stuck by him, but it's ridiculous to argue that he's not been making life harder for himself for some time now. Ergo it's hard to muster much sympathy....

I wish the new stadium wasn't finished, was so much better in Wembley, in fact it was even better in the "old" WHL, we were beating everyone, man city, liverpool, woolwich, chelskea, united... and scoring lots of goals against the weaker teams. It was so hard to get tickets. We were about to win the big one, was better of delaying new stadium until achieved. If we could spend £700m on a new stadium, a fraction of that would have been sufficient to improve the team and win the title. See how far we are today. In fact how bad we become. Genius he is. I think the new stadium has become a jinx and haven't go t a clue how mr levy is going to fill it if these performances and results carry on.

Go and have a lie down mate.... Spewing shite won't make you feel any better. :pochfacepalm:

like i said before this game was very strange, this situation was beyond poch a manager, just look at the faces on close up, they dont know why they are like this, slow, and lethargic, not able to play their normal game,
hugo lloris was in extreme pain, everyone could see it, had to be given oxygen for mins, and now they say no breakages to his body, you can go home now, seriously this is really strange, lloris looks like hes been shot in first 2 mins of game, and our players playing in slow motion, playing on fumes, it reminded me of the lasagne incident when our team was sabotaged.

We got beaten today by trends.

We lack players who can transcend comfidence. Not one of them can drag us from this current mess.

It will change of course and then it's a question of how far it takes us.

But some very big players have gone missing and we look shot im terms of confidence.

Last edited:
No they need to be gone ASAP and replaced this January. Like I said only 4 players in that 25 man squad are 100% good enough for us and wanna be here. Not good enough. Also not being a drama queen by saying we need to replace those who don't wanna be here am I

The way you're stating it all.... Yes you are.

Did I debate the time frame? Nope.

Even now, you're too caught up in the drama to respond to what I actually said and how it applys to your previous comments.

Couldn’t hurt.....A few things need to be addressed straight up:

I’d bring the 3 stooges in and set a contract in front of them with 3 options, Sign it, or let’s agree to terminate your current contract right now, or stay at home gents until your contract runs out....That’s where I’d start.

Next, bring in Hugo and tell him in the nicest possible way your not Capitan anymore, and hand the armband to Kane (not ideal but he’s the only fucker guaranteed to start every game).

Put players in their proper positions according to your formation, I don’t care if a 16 year old is at right back, it is what it is.

COYS!!
Playing players in the correct positions is paramount, if your best right back is injured, you play your second best right back and so on.

A lot of finger pointing to the past about lack of investment and all that but it doesn't help where we are NOW. We are at where we are at the question is how to fix it going forward and I honestly don't know.

If you would have told me 5 months ago while we were waiting to play a CL Final that Poch may need to leave for the good of the team I'd have called you crazy. If you'd have told me all of Eriksen, Toby, Jan, etc. are still here AND we brought in a few very good players, I'd have told you we should be challenging for the title. Fact is Eriksen, Toby, Jan, Rose, etc. have been some of our worst regulars this year.

I think at this point one of two things needs to happen:

1. Poch stays and we stop playing some of the complacent vets. Put the kids in and see what they're made of. Give Sanchez and Foyth a ton of minutes at CB. No more Rose. No more Aurier. Play Sess when he's healthy, same with Lo Celso. No more Eriksen. Let the youth and hungry players play, instruct them to be defensively sound. I wouldn't mind rolling out a squad like this...

Foyth-Sanchez-Jan-Davies
--Ndombele-Dier-Winks--
-------Lucas-Kane-Son------

Sure, maybe it's not our best players but they'll play their asses off for the club. We could rotate Lo Celso, Skipp, Lamela, KWP, etc. in the squad. I just can't do Toby and Eirksen anymore, they are going through the motions.

2. Poch needs to be sacked and it sickens me to say that. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt and I want him to be here but I just don't know what else to say.
Well what we really need to do now is find that lamp post wherever it is on the High Rd, where it all began,there must be enough of us who can do better than that today,jumpers for goalposts, then rebuild our lovely old stadium and fill it with genuine supporters, no American football or fancy beer glasses or super duper long bars.

Can't say Davies did much wrong today, tbf.... He's hardly in a position to change a game on his own.

He's a steady hand that gets way too much flack.
He NEVER EVER ( very rarely ) passes forward one passage of play he recieved the ball 4 times and every fucking time he passed backwards!!

While this has some truth. Everything can be sold if its made cheap enough. Right now Eriksen is just costing wages. Even at 10 mil it would be something. Levy wants to keep his reputation as the one who rips people off and in the end cuts-nose-spite-ass

In the abstract, I take your point.

....But can you image the discontents appreciating us receiving a combined 20m for TA & CE this past summer?

Nah. Levy's detractors would have just exploited it as an alternative angle to bitch at him (we saw as much with plenty moaning about Tripper's pricetag even though a large % of them wanted him gone and said he was shite).

Besides, it's not about ripping people off... Why should we let a rich club like RM have CE for fuck all when they paid 100m for Hazard in exactly the same circumstances in this very window.

As for Toby.... That was a release clause seen as cheap by those worried about losing him over the last 2 years.

Last edited:
Playing players in the correct positions is paramount, if your best right back is injured, you play your second best right back and so on.
That is what I am so surprised about Poch:
Playing Sissok RB today when he has Kwp or Foyth but more importantly Sissoko will boss the middle of the park compared to slow unfit Dier.
Starting Eriksen who has no interest in Spurs and bench Lucas who signed a new contract few months ago.

He did same against munich starting dele not playing well and serge who was sent off few days earlier out of form can't defend.

I am now wondering if he is doing it on purpose to annoy Levy because didn't buy the players he wanted.

He NEVER EVER ( very rarely ) passes forward one passage of play he recieved the ball 4 times and every fucking time he passed backwards!!

Given the lack of movement today (and a lot of days) that's hardly a hanging offense.

He's a good defender...

Back
Top Bottom