Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
If Soljskaer and/or Silva had already been sacked this season then Pochettino would be gone. Not saying rightly so as he has done infinitely more than either and on that metric deserves a longer period than either, but.....

If there were a queue of available managers, then again Pochettino would be in an even more parlous position but again Everton if not United would surely have bitten.

It's rotten at present and the truth is Saturday was just another example.

I think the only serious question is it the confidence of the team or confidence of the players in Pochettino?

If the former then it's a wait and watch. But right now I am only angry when we go a goal down, and fearful when we go a goal up. No idea when it turns

So Pochettino may just be saved by the fact that there are very few if any new kids on the block. Not ideal.

Would you hold onto him in June 2020 if we're relegated?

We won't get relegated... worst case scenario we won't be in Europe next season. We can reload in summer 2020 and start anew. But firing a coach that led us to the CL final last year would make us look bad and send off the wrong message

What Nabil Bentaleb Nabil Bentaleb is saying if the hierarchy doesn't care, why should I
The hierarchy started the problem by ignoring the squad and the manager for pure financial gains and short term narrow minded plan so he has a point
Also, as they never properly back us anyway with what we make from the CL etc. I am not as bothered about us missing out on Europe anyway. Especially with the novelty of it wearing off. Can't get myself to be as excited for our Top4 trophy any more.

We won't get relegated... worst case scenario we won't be in Europe next season. We can reload in summer 2020 and start anew. But firing a coach that led us to the CL final last year would make us look bad and send off the wrong message

I think the message it would send is "we are a big club and this form is not acceptable". Ranieri won the league and got sacked, Di Matteo won the CL and got sacked, Conte won the title and got sacked, LVG won the FA Cup and got sacked. At a big club you can have a bad week or two, not a bad 10 months. Reaching a final, a final that we lost in the most pathetic fashion imaginable, is not enough to shield Poch from the sack. Maaayybe if we had won the final, he would get some more sympathy. But then he said he'd leave if we won, so he wouldn't need the sympathy anyway.

He just rented a house in London.

He wants the Spurs job.

Poch is always taking about 'building for the future' and never about the present.

That's part of the problem for me.

Poch is in his 6th season and it's still "building for the future."
At some point it has to amount to something - it's obvious this cycle is done, we've come close but fallen short at the last hurdle every time and this system/set of players hasnt delivered silverware.

Depressing that we're essentially back to where we were 5 years ago.

That's part of the problem for me.

Poch is in his 6th season and it's still "building for the future."
At some point it has to amount to something - it's obvious this cycle is done, we've come close but fallen short at the last hurdle every time and this system/set of players hasnt delivered silverware.

Depressing that we're essentially back to where we were 5 years ago.
Continue losing games and dropping down the table and we will be back to where we were 20 years ago

Also, as they never properly back us anyway with what we make from the CL etc. I am not as bothered about us missing out on Europe anyway. Especially with the novelty of it wearing off. Can't get myself to be as excited for our Top4 trophy any more.
Poch fails
“Didn’t want CL anyway”

Great news....we will never have to hear Scott day we should spend big ever again

#happywith6th

Back
Top Bottom