Team of the last Decade

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Swap Bale with Dele and that would be mine.

Astonishing that 7 of that team are still available for us to put out, albeit a few a little older and slower than they were. Really underlines the strength of the squad we've had for the last 5 or 6 years.

A few might be arguable - for example Van der Vaart (playing 90 minutes) for Eriksen perhaps

If only we could of picked that team for one season would of done the quadruple :levyeyes:

Astonishing that 7 of that team are still available for us to put out, albeit a few a little older and slower than they were. Really underlines the strength of the squad we've had for the last 5 or 6 years.

A few might be arguable - for example Van der Vaart (playing 90 minutes) for Eriksen perhaps
I’d put Rafa in there any day of the week and twice on Sundays. With that team he’d only need 45 minutes to demolish the opposition, let alone 70!

Fucking love Rafa, was gutted when he left. The performances he used to put in vs the scum could get him in the team above alone but I also remember him demolishing Villa on quite a few occasions. Our 2nd goal away at Villa park (think it was a Boxing day match) with 10 men was one of the best counter attacking goals I've seen.

I’d put Rafa in there any day of the week and twice on Sundays. With that team he’d only need 45 minutes to demolish the opposition, let alone 70!
Said it before,will say it again.
One of the few non London born/raised players that truly got what it meant to us fans to turn over the goons up the road. Gazza was another.
He would be in my team any day of the week.

Rafa and Parker in for CE and Dembele. Dembele was inconsistent for much of his Spurs career.
As others have said, love Rafa he's a real winner.

Never in million years.
Yes, ALL DAY LONG!

Loathed to go down the stat route but.......................

Bale 203 games 55 goals 25 asissts
Dele 193 games 55 goals 40 asissts

Bale was an era when he was "the main man" just give it to him. Imagine though having a precocious 19 year old kid (now 23yrs old )outscore and out assist the player that was fed by the entire team to be the main attacking threat!!! A solo artist, who didn't want to train with the team, did solo laps around the pitch at the end of the game. It's no surprise that we as a team played better when we sold Bale when players like Dele and Kane played in a coherent fashion and moved the team on to new heights. It's a team sport and individual players make up that team, Dele (along with others) had a bigger impact on our improvement in the team than Bale, the evidence is there and is unrefutable too.

When you pick players you pick them with the aim of making the team perform better.

Last edited:

Swap Bale with Dele and that would be mine.

I would say you would have to add which incarnation of each player you would want. I wouldn't neccessarily put the current version of Rose in there, but on the whole - can't disagree with the team too much.

What I did realise, is that the past decade doesn't actually give you that many players to chose from.

I would say you would have to add which incarnation of each player you would want. I wouldn't neccessarily put the current version of Rose in there, but on the whole - can't disagree with the team too much.

What I did realise, is that the past decade doesn't actually give you that many players to chose from.
Yeah, I actually think bar one or two players most fans would select that team.

Only change I would make is VDV for Eriksen

Swapping out Bale for Dele is absolute madness imo, Bale in his last 2 seasons for us was one of the best I've seen in the prem

Only change I would make is VDV for Eriksen

Swapping out Bale for Dele is absolute madness imo, Bale in his last 2 seasons for us was one of the best I've seen in the prem

Rewriting history.
A team that apparently is past it and needs replacing and has been neglected by the chairman and took a miracle to make top 4.

And people are going to put a prime Bale on the bench.

:pochcmon:

9 of the 11 played under Poch

#miracles

7 of them were already with us before Pochettino took over and only 2 signed by him make that XI which is saying something seeing as he was at the helm for over half of that decade.

Not a dig at the great man but it shows why we've falling backwards a fair old bit. We haven't freshened up or acquired a quality as good as what he inherited consistently enough but that aside it's a great XI that shows how much class we've been able to enjoy over the past 10 years compared to previous decades seen.

😂 Well obviously you pick them in their prime. Nobody thinks about an all time XI and thinks “yeah, let’s stick fat Ronaldo next to crack whore Maradona”.

Back
Top Bottom