Would you change anything about how the forum is run?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would love to run an experiment for a month or so, where you can't see who posted something, and just have to reply judging on the content. Would be interesting to see if the Cunt Offs reduced, and yet threads still made sense.

Although what would probably happen, would be people would end up disagreeing with something the posted 2 hours earlier and end up getting in an argument with themselves.

Fuck you.

Has it started yet?:levyeyes:

Suggestion for Admin Admin

You should consider cloning this website, and redirecting sammyspurs sammyspurs to the clone site, where everyone has been replaced by chatbots. That way he can fight and argue to his little heart's content, and we can save our sanity as well.

Suggestion for Admin Admin

You should consider cloning this website, and redirecting sammyspurs sammyspurs to the clone site, where everyone has been replaced by chatbots. That way he can fight and argue to his little heart's content, and we can save our sanity as well.
The thing is I’m not arguing with myself though am I.
I’m arguing with cunts like you who can’t use a simple ignore function.
If you want to suck Case off, respect him by putting me on ignore.
Your post just makes you look like a fucking idiot to be honest

The thing is I’m not arguing with myself though am I.
I’m arguing with cunts like you who can’t use a simple ignore function.
If you want to suck Case off, respect him by putting me on ignore.
Your post just makes you look like a fucking idiot to be honest
So the problem is... everyone else?

That's not how common denominators work.

So the problem is... everyone else?

That's not how common denominators work.

There are loads of people who don’t get into cunt offs with me but probably can’t stand me.
Why? They don’t quote me.

Im not arguing with myself.
This argument is because you tagged me and started an argument with me. If you hadn’t done that, this wouldn’t be be happening.

The fact you can’t see that makes you look like a fucking dick.

Admin Admin how do we deal with spam here?
There's someone online right now who is spamming his way round the forum with the same message and it's really bloody annoying. I've foul voted him, but I gather nothing happens with that until enough other people also foul him. He's managed to post at least 15 identical messages in less than 10 minutes.

Edit: in the time it took me to type and post this he's added another 5 messages! 🤪

Last edited:
Admin Admin how do we deal with spam here?
There's someone online right now who is spamming his way round the forum with the same message and it's really bloody annoying. I've foul voted him, but I gather nothing happens with that until enough other people also foul him. He's managed to post at least 15 identical messages in less than 10 minutes.

Edit: in the time it took me to type and post this he's added another 5 messages! 🤪
Yeah, sorry about this. I couldn't get online last night to deal with it.

This is mainly why I added the Hide rating. So for any new users who turn up to spam/troll then just use that hide rating. If enough people do it, they'll essentially get a red card and be unable to post.

People just don't seem to be using it though (through no fault of their own, they're probably unaware of what it does). There are loads of foul votes - which is fine. For these spam/troll posts though, I'd suggest using the Hide rating as well.

Yeah, sorry about this. I couldn't get online last night to deal with it.

This is mainly why I added the Hide rating. So for any new users who turn up to spam/troll then just use that hide rating. If enough people do it, they'll essentially get a red card and be unable to post.

People just don't seem to be using it though (through no fault of their own, they're probably unaware of what it does). There are loads of foul votes - which is fine. For these spam/troll posts though, I'd suggest using the Hide rating as well.

Thanks Case, I appreciate the response. I'm fairly new here so I wasn't sure what the process was. I knew of the Hide rating, but didn't know what it did. I'll be sure to use it going forward.

Deny new members ratings privileges until they’ve got 30 or so pos reps. Didn’t you used to have something like that in place?

I’ve not suffered from this, but I have noticed other posters being disagree spammed from new members with no post history.

Deny new members ratings privileges until they’ve got 30 or so pos reps. Didn’t you used to have something like that in place?

I’ve not suffered from this, but I have noticed other posters being disagree spammed from new members with no post history.
Just foul vote them and put the reason why. I can take a look and remove their rating privileges. Not all that keen on making people post before they can access forum features.

You can submit foul votes from someones profile page (top right).

I think it would be a good idea that if someone Foul Votes someone more than once, the person they are fouling is automatically ignored for the person casting the foul vote, i feel a lot of Cards are premeditated and given as soon as the person returns from the sin bin, as some people cant let grudges go.
Surely this is what the ignore function is for, and if people aren't using it then maybe it should be forced upon them? not sure how easy it would be to implement for Admin Admin

I think it would be a good idea that if someone Foul Votes someone more than once, the person they are fouling is automatically ignored for the person casting the foul vote, i feel a lot of Cards are premeditated and given as soon as the person returns from the sin bin, as some people cant let grudges go.
Surely this is what the ignore function is for, and if people aren't using it then maybe it should be forced upon them? not sure how easy it would be to implement for Admin Admin

It's not very easy to add something like that. Force ignoring can also create it's own issues. Threads might not make sense if content is missing from a user and you don't know why.

I have looked into an add-on before which blocks users from each other but it's a slippery slope once we start deciding how the forum functions for users. Perhaps a temporary use of something like this might work.

Just regarding foul votes... the foul vote still needs to be valid. You can't just hit Foul on a random post from someone you don't like and expect it to count.

It's not very easy to add something like that. Force ignoring can also create it's own issues. Threads might not make sense if content is missing from a user and you don't know why.

I have looked into an add-on before which blocks users from each other but it's a slippery slope once we start deciding how the forum functions for users. Perhaps a temporary use of something like this might work.

Just regarding foul votes... the foul vote still needs to be valid. You can't just hit Foul on a random post from someone you don't like and expect it to count.
Fair enough, i know every foul vote is checked, i just think sometimes some people might be looking for a reason to give a yellow as soon as a poster returns from the bin as they don't get on, which if the case would be a good idea for them to have whoever they dont like on ignore, especially if they are always casting foul votes as some kind of revenge, take John for example i would wager a large amount of money that Jerry gives him a foul vote within 24 hours of him returning from the bin, but like you said its not as easy to just implement this function! Appreciate the reply though!

Fair enough, i know every foul vote is checked, i just think sometimes some people might be looking for a reason to give a yellow as soon as a poster returns from the bin as they don't get on, which if the case would be a good idea for them to have whoever they dont like on ignore, especially if they are always casting foul votes as some kind of revenge, take John for example i would wager a large amount of money that Jerry gives him a foul vote within 24 hours of him returning from the bin, but like you said its not as easy to just implement this function! Appreciate the reply though!
I think it's not that difficult to avoid a red most of the time, I've observed that some who get a yellow react by behaving themselves and/or go quiet for a bit then the yellow card goes away. But if they keep on and on having fights, calling people names, winding people up then they get sent off.

Back
Top Bottom