Man Utd (A)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Winks is a nothing player compared to Ndombele - behave
Ndombele seemingly still struggling with prem level fitness could maybe motivate rotating him with Winks. In terms of skills I rate Tanguy higher. But Winks is not only faster but also fitter so in that way it would make sense to allow Tanguy more time to rest before the game on the weekend.

Why would Moruinho play the inferior player? Makes 0 sense

Perhaps it could be something to do with balance to the starting 11.
Ndombele started CM with Sissoko RW which gives him more freedom in the middle with a more disciplined player looking to tuck in and cover his forward moves.

Winks has started CM with Moura RW - a player who offers less in terms of defensive solidarity out wide, and far less chance of him tucking in to a CM role where Sissoko will feel quite comfortable.

Winks is less likely to get forward like Ndombele, although is far more likely to randomly fall over and give the ball away in a dangerous position.

It's not always about 1 player or another player though. The 11 that starts will be picked to compliment each other rather than individual qualities I would expect.

Perhaps it could be something to do with balance to the starting 11.
Ndombele started CM with Sissoko RW which gives him more freedom in the middle with a more disciplined player looking to tuck in and cover his forward moves.

Winks has started CM with Moura RW - a player who offers less in terms of defensive solidarity out wide, and far less chance of him tucking in to a CM role where Sissoko will feel quite comfortable.

Winks is less likely to get forward like Ndombele, although is far more likely to randomly fall over and give the ball away in a dangerous position.

It's not always about 1 player or another player though. The 11 that starts will be picked to compliment each other rather than individual qualities I would expect.
Sorry don't agree with any of this, fella - best 11 and that's that

Ndombele appears to be a far more talented player with a much higher ceiling.
That doesn't mean Mourinho will start him tonight.

Ndombele started, played well, and got 75 minutes at the weekend. I don't know if that's due to his fitness levels, preserving him for tonight, or simply resting Winks in preparation for tonight.

Winks has had some poor games this season, but I won't disrespect him. He has talent and hope he can keep improving, doing our youth system proud. Wont be calling him a 'nothing player' that's for sure.
Would love him to flourish under Mourinho.
Ndombele has a different set of Skills to Winks, but don't underestimate the guy because he is happy to play a limited role. As he showed in the last England game, he can play in a more attacking and creative role than the link man role he played for Poch.

Only people who have no understanding of the game think HW's is a poor player, some are too dumb to realise how ignorant and stupid they are.

And watch who disagrees...

images

Last edited:
Sorry don't agree with any of this, fella - best 11 and that's that

Yeah that's fair enough.

I'm curious - how did you feel about Keane and Defoe at the time?

Reported last night (SSN) that United are going 3 at the back as they did vs Sheff Utd. By the sounds of it Ole is going out to not lose, rather than win.

I lean towards 3 in the middle so we can dominate the midfield, offer protection to the back line and allow the front 3 to stay forwards. However I also think this is a great game for our front 4 (Kane, Dele, Son and Lucas) to all start.

Jose was always very good at setting up against the bigger teams (I say that whilst remembering we dicked them 3-0 last season) but I think he'll set up to dominate. He'll know a lot of the United players strengths and weaknesses.

Yeah that's fair enough.

I'm curious - how did you feel about Keane and Defoe at the time?
I belive Keane was the superior player, and more importantly - better team player. Their respective career statistics seems to prove that also

Last edited:
Sissoko was getting into the box a lot at the weekend: I’d be surprised to see him out for Lucas or Lo Celso - the guy’s an absolute athlete and clearly scored when he wants.

Dier will probably start, and Winks can play a full game, unlike Tanguy, so will probably start. I’d be surprised to see Rose over Vertonghen, too - too lacking defensively to be in the same team as Aurier.

however, what do I know...

Back
Top Bottom