Norwich away - 1730KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not an Ali fan and have certainly had to eat my words to some extent, but i do detect a returning to the pre JM norm. I still say hes offloaded in the summer for really decent money. But my problem has been i just dont rate him rather than his attitude. However today, in the first 10 minutes, after an attack that came to nothing i noticed he was giving it large to Harry. Get to fuck! You Dele do not get to do that, ever. Time to ship him and his fucking ridiculous ego ASAP.

Off. 100%. I’ll be amazed if that’s not his last performance for us.

Unfortunately I don’t think you are right. I suspect we will hold onto him for the rest of the season and his continued presence on the pitch will stifle the development of those that will remain. Remember this was Norwich and so let’s see how great he is against Liverpool in 2 weeks time.

It seems like its an ongoing thing this some so called fans ..im.not picking you out ..but a youngster comes along if undoubted talent and the first thing that happens is he get dug out !..kane, bale townend mason in more recent times .. but its a recurring problem it seems
I'm not slagging him off or saying he sucks, just saying he didn't have much of an impact today. There's plenty of room between saying someone is shit and praising him when he didn't actually play all that well.

I'm not slagging him off or saying he sucks, just saying he didn't have much of an impact today. There's plenty of room between saying someone is shit and praising him when he didn't actually play all that well.

Right, his poor performance tonight was nothing to do with his quality or lack thereof, he was just too timid to impose himself on the game.

Man management required there.

I think his debut was more influenced by a shite team.performance rather than his own individual inadequacies today..confidence and a little experience and as someonelse pointed out a bit of man mangement and he'll take games apart imho.

I'm not an Ali fan and have certainly had to eat my words to some extent, but i do detect a returning to the pre JM norm. I still say hes offloaded in the summer for really decent money. But my problem has been i just dont rate him rather than his attitude. However today, in the first 10 minutes, after an attack that came to nothing i noticed he was giving it large to Harry. Get to fuck! You Dele do not get to do that, ever. Time to ship him and his fucking ridiculous ego ASAP.

I have to agree. Lots of skill but just too slow. Thought he was coming back to some form but the new manager bounce has left Ali (as well as most of the team to be fair).

“Cunted off by our support”? Why should we support someone who has been a waste of space for a long time. He hasn’t driven our possession forward as you say for a long time. He was better today but there were still many times when he chose to go sideways and backwards when in the past he looked forwards and did actually sometimes take players on himself. Why should we trust him to perform just because he had a good second half against bottom of the table Norwich. For every 2nd half Norwich type performance there seem to be half a dozen Everton away performances. He needs to demonstrate fight and positivity in EVERY match for a sustained period of time and even then I admit I might never be able to forgive his attitude of the last year.
You'll never forgive anything, you fucken anti-spurs cunt.
Cunts like you keep this club down.
Fuck off you absolute nonce.

I'd preserve with sess at left back. Jan is done. He looks late 30s never mind 32. A contract extension would be madness. Can tell sess is finding his confidence. Needs to just go on the outside and be aggressive. Dont help ali berating everyone even when he gives it away with another flick. Build team round Ndombele as the playmaker. Bit of steel next to him
I agree with so much of this. Play Sessingnon at LB and tell to learn to like it if he wants first team football. N'dombele must be persevered with. Sissoko can only play wide right in a three. I think we are down to letting Skipp have a go till we buy a ready made. Lo Celso is also going to have to be trusted at ACM because tonight was the farewell Eriksen performance and he almost rolled back the years.

I’d just like to give a bit of appreciation for Érik Lamela. He looks like Hermione Granger on PCP but there was one moment where he fell over trying to win the ball back and still kept fighting for it while lying on the ground until the whistle blew.

He’s skinny but he ain’t lightweight.

Until we get a top class DM in it has to be sissoko and Ndombele. Sissoko will do the running. Winks is an 8. I'm upbeat tonight. Couple of positions to upgrade are glaring and will improve us no end.

You'll never forgive anything, you fucken anti-spurs cunt.
Cunts like you keep this club down.
Fuck off you absolute nonce.

Yeh whatever sausage jockey. I won’t forgive lack of effort unlike simpletons like you. I am 100% pro Spurs but you just accept players who jump out of tackles and lack commitment- yet I am the anti Spurs cunt, cunt

Take the away point, light some sage, and forget about this match.

Aurier unlucky on the OG but i just don't see how RB is more of an issue for us than LB. Serge is absolutely not our weakest link in the starting 11. (Gazzaniga, Jan/LB, holding CM)

Our LB situation is much more of a concern. So much so, that Jose has had to trot out a weird/asymmetric 3 at the back thing with Jan. Rose is AWOL. Jose brought in 17 year-old LB Cirkin from the youth to train with the first team. Jan is looking his age.

We seriously lack pace without Son and Lucas.

Ndombele was excellent in the second half. He has to play. Figure out his partner in the middle (Eriksen, Sissoko, Dier, Winks, Lo Celso, Skipp, or Wanyama)

I'd like to see Sessegnon get a run of matches at LB in a back 4. Enough with a back 3 against the likes of Norwich and Brighton, please.

Funny how everyone sees the weak links differently.

Me, I thought that Jan and Toby looked like they had never played together before. Thought Sess was poor too
You're right there Bill, but I think mostly because of the lack of a shield in front. As awful as Dier is when we are in possession, he's always there or thereabouts snuffing out potential threats in a non-entertaining way.

Back
Top Bottom