So it turns out Poch was right

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Leicester winning 3-0 away at Newcastle, Liverpool smashing anything in their path, even United are picking up form. We are in a downward spiral, and it’s not Poch or Mourinho’s fault.

The players need refreshing, and that lays with Levy. We stood still and didn’t capitalise on a situation where we would have won the league if we acted correctly.

We have now fallen behind the likes of Leicester, City and Chelsea because of this.

But Poch was also part of the problem

He gave up

This also he was the one who built this squad, and was the one who flunked finals and couldn't get players up for big games.

Squads a mess but let's not pretend Poch isn't responsible for this also.

We are in for a painful couple years and Levy needs to stop being a stingy cunt or he's gonna find himself with a very nice and large empty stadium

Tell that to Leicester even little old Wigan have won an FA cup more recently than us.

You seriously think in the 5 years he was here he could not have won at least something?
Even a league cup would do but no he could not.

He cries he jumps for joy he's everyones most liked manager but nobodies favourite.

It's time to leave the Poch myth behind.
Anomalies are anomalies mate you can't rely on them

Poch got us into title races and cup finals with a shite budget. A few occasions we've had bad luck (no Europe for Leicester or chavs when we were chasing etc).

If he came that close then surely with proper backing he would have had an better chance. A fairer one anyway.

How can you say he never looked like winning anything with us then next sentence say he got us to a CL final?? He hasn’t won anything before us because he is young and has always managed underdogs with limited funds.

Now the stadium is built and we should have money he deserved to rebuild this summer even if this season was a write off. Watch I guarantee he wins things in his next job.

Yes he got us to the CL final but never ever looked like winning the game
That was my point

I wouldn’t

He had never won anything before he rocked up with us and despite inheriting an excellent squad never seriously looked like winning anything with us

Getting to the CL was his shining achievement and he destabilised the team just before it by threatening to leave
We’re well rid

Give José the players and we’ll win something

I think he just reached the end of his tether with Baldylocks upstairs and stopped giving a fuck, I reckon Poch will win a truck load of trophies before he's done.

Off course he was right.

He may not entirely have been the sollution, but he certainly wasn't the problem either.

Oh, and Poch haters:

It's not about the rest of us missing him. It is about Spurs needing more, many more and very expensive players. And we just fucked off tens of millions on first paying out Poch, then paying up Jose. Money we could have used on players, now seeing Poch was in fact not the problem after all...

I think he just reached the end of his tether with Baldylocks upstairs and stopped giving a fuck, I reckon Poch will win a truck load of trophies before he's done.

Where?

Celtic?

Or PSG?

In a competitive league I don’t think he’s capable

Yes he got us to the CL final but never ever looked like winning the game
That was my point
Because we were underdogs, Liverpool got lucky with the penalty and had a 97pt team. Look at the last 2 CL’s Klopp lost, he lost because his team were always the underdogs who hadn’t spent much. As soon as he spends he wins it.

This also he was the one who built this squad, and was the one who flunked finals and couldn't get players up for big games.

We are in for a painful couple years and Levy needs to stop being a stingy cunt or he's gonna find himself with a very nice and large empty stadium

Early on with us in a league cup tie he deliberately threw a NLD because he didn’t rate the competition

Enough said

Because we were underdogs, Liverpool got lucky with the penalty and had a 97pt team. Look at the last 2 CL’s Klopp lost, he lost because his team were always the underdogs who hadn’t spent much. As soon as he spends he wins it.

Underdogs do win

They got lucky with the penalty in the first minute yes but we never troubled them at all for the next 90
That’s all down to mindset and we’ve still got it as José is finding out

Leicester winning 3-0 away at Newcastle, Liverpool smashing anything in their path, even United are picking up form. We are in a downward spiral, and it’s not Poch or Mourinho’s fault.

The players need refreshing, and that lays with Levy. We stood still and didn’t capitalise on a situation where we would have won the league if we acted correctly.

We have now fallen behind the likes of Leicester, City and Chelsea because of this.
Let's see how the happy clappers spin this.

Okay so

Poch gets this team into finals with no budget ahead of teams that have pumped in cash.

When we lose it's his fault for not having us punch above our weight enough. Right.

Poch didn't have the players! Fact. And it's still a fact even if you don't like the empty trophy cabinet jokes.

He prioritised the league and CL. I don't know how many times Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 has explained that regular top 4 finishes result in more trophies eventually.

I never doubted Poch was right but we have Mourinho now. Levy has to support him in the market or next season he will be gone and we really will be in a downward spiral.

I never doubted Poch was right but we have Mourinho now. Levy has to support him in the market or next season he will be gone and we really will be in a downward spiral.

We ARE in a downward spiral.

Now isn't a time to talk about Top 4 or improving things - stopping the spiral is 1st priority

Followed the example of his chairman.

Unfortunately one of them's still here.

You’re absolutely correct and I’ve never doubted you for a minute

No wonder you got your own thread
Thoroughly deserved and we should all take heed of you in future

Anomalies are anomalies mate you can't rely on them

Poch got us into title races and cup finals with a shite budget. A few occasions we've had bad luck (no Europe for Leicester or chavs when we were chasing etc).

If he came that close then surely with proper backing he would have had an better chance. A fairer one anyway.
With proper backing he could play Son at left back again or keep playing the same awful formation over and over. Come one now.

When one fails so often while others win with far faaaar less then it ceases to be an anomaly and becomes a trend.

No extra funding would of made up for his own tactical mistakes .
Playing Kane in the final when he was obviously out of it.
Playing Winks and Sissoko over and over.
Late sub after late sub.
Loosing 7-2 to Bayern.
26 wins from 25 games we aren't a newly promoted side.
Winning nothing.

Winning nothing.

Winning nothing.

The Poch myth must end.

Back
Top Bottom