Tottenham Vs Liverpool - Sat 11th Jan 2020.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Obviously upset at the loss, but I am pleasantly surprised by us specifically in the second half. We showed heart and initiative, not like the seemingly gutless ones we have seen recently.

I appreciate everything he has done for us in the past but I am 110% fucking done with Eriksen. He has to go.

Tanganga was impressive and stepped up in a very tough game. Good on Jose for giving him the chance and for him to be composed and confident.

I think we just lack heart and confidence at the moment. GLC is itching to prove himself and Lamela has always brought enough heart for the entire team. I think they both have to start.

As for Dele, I just don't know. We all know the quality he has. Short of getting a psychologist for him I just don't know what we can do at this point for him.

Dissapointed, but the encouraging signs are there. The problems are obvious (which is better than not knowing where they come from). Lo Celso and Lamela deserve a run into this team. We may have lost, but we looked great when the argentinians came on. Take some deadwood out of the door, and we may be onto something. On a sidenote, Aurier might be a brainless idiot most of the time, but he is certaintly more than good enough to be at least a squad right-back. Eriksen, Rose need to get out of this club as soon as possible. Used to love Eriksen, but that reception when he came off was fully deserved. Have full belief that José will treat this as an experimental season right now from a PL prespective, and pick out what we need to get onto the next level. As I said, we may have lost, but there was something bright in this loss.

Last edited:
Could have been much worse. Lo celso and Lamela must start the next match unless they are saved for Watford. Could have got a draw with a bit of luck but no demoralising defeat, injuries or suspensions. Bit surprised Parrot not on bench as an option in last 10 mins.

We finished ahead of them 8 out of 9 seasons from 2009/10 to 2017/18. We’re two clubs of similar size. They’re not one of the Manchesters or Chavs money bags. Under Klopp they have invested wisely in players. Van Dijk was big money - but that was resourced from sale of Coutinho. The 30-35 million players they’ve signed have been game changers. Our transfer policy, the odd time we do buy a player has been a disaster last 4 years.
Similar size?! lol

Aurier? He was one of top 3 players today.

he wasn’t our worst I agree but our top three for me were GLC Yaphet Coco
too many passengers though but encouraged by today’s performance especially in the second half

Back
Top Bottom