Japhet Tanganga

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Honestly so happy that he's made his league debut, and even moreso that he grabbed it by the bollocks and left his mark on the match. Hopefully Eyoma and Lyons-Foster can break through in the next couple of years as well. With Dav and that lot the potential is sky high, not even considering foyth who I think could be amazing
Eyoma won't make it.

Eyoma and tanganga were the CB partnership for a long time. Eyoma was touted as the one who would make the grade but Tanganga has overtaken him. Eyoma will end up in the lower divisions.

Tanganga was our best player in the Audi Cup

Yeah, seems like we have an option for an additional year baked into it.
Or he's agreed to a deal and they haven't announced it yet because it hasn't been signed/finalized. Either way, the timing of him starting this past weekend is a good indicator that he's not out of contract at the end of the year for whatever reason. I don't think Parrott will start cup matches until that happens as well.

Eyoma won't make it.

Eyoma and tanganga were the CB partnership for a long time. Eyoma was touted as the one who would make the grade but Tanganga has overtaken him. Eyoma will end up in the lower divisions.

Tanganga was our best player in the Audi Cup

Not sure that's true - Poch liked Eyoma more but the majority of youth watchers would say that Tanganga was always better.

Not sure that's true - Poch liked Eyoma more but the majority of youth watchers would say that Tanganga was always better.
To be honest. I watched quite a lot of them. They were both equally as good.

Just tanganga took his chance in pre-season.

In fairness to eyoma, he kept getting moved around the back 4 so it wasn't easy for him to settle into a role.

He had a great debut, made one mistake which Harry Winks was also culpable for, and was not a Liverpool throw-in and a handball by Henderson (who lied about it afterwards). Tanganga should be a first-team choice now.

Yea, Imagine Sanchez's signing was the death blow. We also have Tanganga coming through who is meant to be very good. So CCV probably won't be missed.
Don't need Umtiti. The way Poch is talking, he's preparing to bring Foyth even more into the fold. Maybe use Tanganga in the Foyth way next season.
I'm sure one of the guys who follows the youngers a bit closer could suggest others. I've liked Tanganga when I've seen him.
giphy.gif

Another good performance tonight. Against the sort of opposition he should have been playing against the last two seasons on loan.

Back
Top Bottom