January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parrot was the travelling 19th squad member should anybody have a dodgy breakfast so he is still well regarded and not injured.

I think Jose is just being honest in that he is too young to play and also too young to loan out.

I always figured every club had 4 or 5 strikers but we are where we are. The next couple of weeks will be quite interesting.

At least one thing Jose does different to Poch is that he isn't scared to throw in new signings. Wish Skipp would get a run out though.

Think Airfixx Airfixx is getting a bad wrap here. I’m sure he’s smart enough to notice Levy has made errors in many facets as chairman.

but there were reports that stated Pochettino turned down Tielemans, Grealish and Barkley. The first two are looking like big blunders

Yep same. I couldn’t give a shit about the “Tottenham way “ or doing it right. What has it got us ? Nothing. A few cup finals and CL for a few seasons. We remain trophyless season after season with nothing truly to our name. I want to see the club win stuff and if it means a rich billionaire ploughing money into the club like City, then 100% I would take it. We have achieved nothing under ENIC or Levy in 20 years.

Beating City in the champions league with VAR in the last 30 seconds.

Bale's incredible hattrick against Milan.

Moura's last second winner against Ajax.

Thrashing Real Madrid at WHL.

Jo Jordan going head to head with Gennaro Gattuso.

Sissoko scoring an actual goal....2 even.

and an honorable mention for Dembele poking Costa's eye out.

Who gives a flying F**k about a Cup when we have moments like that.. I watch footie for those heart stopping moments - win or lose; not for winning a cup.

Or would you have preferred to beat Swansea in the league cup final?

Who gives a flying F**k about a Cup when we have moments like that.. I watch footie for those heart stopping moments - win or lose; not for winning a cup.

All of these fabulous moments went onto result in what success?

Where the fuck are our signings?

Ndombele, Lo Celso, Sessengon, Clarke, Fernandes

This is crap. Why have we not even attempted to offload some deadwood?

Oonamah, GKN, Jannsen, Trippier, Harrison, Llorente are all gone in the last window.

Rose and Wanyama should be gone this month. Wanyama was close in summer but fell through at last moment.

Why are we looking at loans when we posted record revenues?

Try before you buy seems a very very shrewd move to me. Imagine if we had done that with Jannsen/Soldado

All of these fabulous moments went onto result in what success?

I can enjoy music from my favorite band without them winning a Grammy award.

Why is everyone so desperate to win a cup? Surely what we want is exciting football and nail biting moments to get the adrenaline pumping. Why do I care if these overpaid kids have a shinny medal at the end of it?

I can still enjoy the excitement of a game, even if we go on to lose.

Interestingly I have some friends that are liverpool fans and they are already 'bored' to watch the EPL games now. There is no excitement unless the gap closes. They are twiddling their thumbs until the ECL rolls around.

I can enjoy music from my favorite band without them winning a Grammy award.

Why is everyone so desperate to win a cup? Surely what we want is exciting football and nail biting moments to get the adrenaline pumping. Why do I care if these overpaid kids have a shinny medal at the end of it?

I can still enjoy the excitement of a game, even if we go on to lose.

Interestingly I have some friends that are liverpool fans and they are already 'bored' to watch the EPL games now. There is no excitement unless the gap closes. They are twiddling their thumbs until the ECL rolls around.
That is fine if all you look forward to is seeing us win the occasional game or lose an exciting game 4-3 good luck to you, as for me I could get used to being European,world and English champions in the space of a year the Liverpool fan's I know are buzzing and so they should great team and management along with a decent board what is not to like.

Ahhhh the myth that keeps on giving....
Winning the Carabou would mean that we couldn’t have achieved losing the title to Leicester.
And if we didn’t play Son at LB in an FA Cup semi in 2017 we could never have achieved losing the CL final two years later.

Take you pick people.....do you want an FA Cup this year?
Because that means no CL run in 2022.

:mourfacepalm:

Mourinho is clueless playing Lucas as CF.. LEVY should be slapping himself for bringing mourinho here

Our poor Lucas suffers and is clearly frustrated by the lack of support from Dele or Son to get to the end of his flick on.

Best header of the ball, If you all could remember how he destroy united.

If we playing long ball, we can get Sam alladryce in with players like HALLER, Kostic, Rebic. POULSEN.

ENIC's glory list in 2 decades. Sounds like their PR unit dude .
Those memories were empty as they led to nothing but defeat.
Moira's last minute winner , while amazing is only a bitter pill as that fuckwit final soured everything.

I watch as you brother for those heart stopping
moments
Ricky scoring the greatest final goal.
Gazza unbelievable semi final fee kick which led to
F.A cup glory.
Parks penalty shoot out save for Euro glory.
Perryman holding the FA cup while fans embrace him in ecstasy.

We can still beat Swansea in a final and really challenge for the title but our owners have to want that as well as us .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom