January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
But two fullbacks off without replacement?

Bergwijn is a heck of a deal, but at a position of strength, while we're totally bereft of a striker, a worthwhile DM, and suddenly short of fullbacks.

And the Gedson deal, though benign, is truly inexplicable.

Davies, Sessegnon, Aurier, Vertonghen & Tananga can play LB if need be. Aurier, Foyth & Tananga RB if required. I don't think the loss of Rose or KWP will be an issue mate.

Do we know that?

Davies, Sess, Aurier and Tanganga would cover us, but it's a much shakier situation without Davies.
He's in the final stages of rehab is he not? Back to training with the first team very recently. His estimated return was always early February if my memory serves me right.

Thanks, but cutting to the chase if Parrott gets a loan then Bergwijn takes his non-HG ECL slot.
Edit: We have 2 association slots available in ECL.
EPL: We have loads of scope HG and non-HG.

Key points to take away :

- If we sign an overseas trained striker, we need to decide how to accommodate him in CL squad, and that assumes we loan Parrott out.
- No problem in PL squad,
- Scope to add several HG players in both PL and CL squads

Re: strikers.

Relax - the beast, he slumbers. In 24 hours he awakens and enters the persuit.

RofJMKm.jpg

My stream for the Real Sociedad match just died, can't be arsed to find another. They're comfortably winning 3-1. The players some were asking about - Merino, Barrenetxea and Oyarzabal all played well, but the star of the show was undoubtedly
Alexander Isak who's scored 2 already and unlucky not to have a hat-trick. He's gonna be the bloke stepping into WJ's shoes if the latter finally leaves, he looks an excellent player, only 20.

The (Mexican) comentators were talking as if the WJ transfer was done and dusted, tho I doubt they have any real inside knowledge

Last edited:
My stream for the Real Sociedad match just died, can't be arsed to find another. They're comfortably winning 3-1. The players some were asking about - Merino, Barrenetxea and Oyarzabal all played well, but the star of the show was undoubtedly
Alexander Isak who's scored 2 already and unlucky not to have a hat-trick. He's gonna be the bloke stepping into WJ's shoes if the latter finally leaves, he looks an excellent player, only 20.

The (Mexican) comentaters were talking as if the WJ transfer was done and dusted, tho I doubt theyt have any real inside knowledge
According to Swedish media Isak was bought with the clear idea of moving WJ on next summer. But the injury to Harry seems to have sped up the plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom