Tottenham Hotspur v Man City (2/2/2020)(4.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He didn’t hurt us today. To be honest I thought he looked a bit lost.

I thought his movement hurt us though, he was constantly making angle runs and passes that where difficult and trying to create space for others.

They are a lovely passing team but that was a top performance from our lads

Speaking of anti spurs. On motd2, talked about city for 10 mins, didn't revisit that immense assist by ndombele for son second. Sickening. If he can stay properly fit, him and lo celso are going to be a serious duo for us.

Didnt mention earlier by tanganga was so assured again. Had mahrez on toast all game. Quick, composed, strong. Everything that bellend Rose thought he was for the last 3 seasons. COYS

Sorry BC, VAR, the way it’s implemented in this country, is ruining the game. It gets more wrong than it does right, and, like the people operating it, it’s gutless and corrupt.
As you say not VAR but the negligent way it's applied - Aubamawang sent of for his dangerous tackle, the referees association making a statement saying why it was correct "whilst no intent the action in itself was likely to put a player at risk" so a red card is the correct result ... adding that a referee must view the sideline screen where a red card is under consideration ...

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...tal-palace-vs-Woolwich-sent-off-a9279581.html

Here we are with an identical tackle, no red card, and the referee not checking the screen ... so is it VAR or just the incompetents using it?

As you say not VAR but the negligent way it's applied - Aubamawang sent of for his dangerous tackle, the referees association making a statement saying why it was correct "whilst no intent the action in itself was likely to put a player at risk" so a red card is the correct result ... adding that a referee must view the sideline screen where a red card is under consideration ...

Officials reveal why Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang was sent off for Woolwich against Palace

Here we are with an identical tackle, no red card, and the referee not checking the screen ... so is it VAR or just the incompetents using it?
Both. It’s shit. I’m glad I don’t go to football anymore. I pretty much hate everything about it. I just can’t shake Spurs. I wish I could, but old habits and all that. If I was 7 tomorrow it wouldn’t get a look in.

Officials reveal why Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang was sent off for Woolwich against Palace

The worst part is the PL have come out this time and said no red as no intent to injure the player - it is absolutely comical.

Oh, meant to say, City fans are absolutely perfect for the plastic club they follow. Without a doubt the worst away following I’ve seen. 1 song, sung twice. Once in each half. They can’t half moan on Bluemoon if they don’t smash every team put in front of them 5-0 though.
Shit fans. No History.
I’ve said it before, sports washing at its very worst. Embarrassing for English football that they have won so much recently.

At the game earlier. Decent atmosphere today. Obviously we rode our luck but the team tried hard in the second half and there was a bit of desire and fight evident, which makes a nice change. Jose got his tactics right today. Bergwijn looks a great buy and I really am starting to think Taganga might be the real deal. Also shout out to Winks - I'm not always convinced by him but he was excellent today, on and off the ball.

Oh, meant to say, City fans are absolutely perfect for the plastic club they follow. Without a doubt the worst away following I’ve seen. 1 song, sung twice. Once in each half. They can’t half moan on Bluemoon if they don’t smash every team put in front of them 5-0 though.
Shit fans. No History.
I’ve said it before, sports washing at its very worst. Embarrassing for English football that they have won so much recently.

Agree. Such a nothing club. I don't even hate them, they just don't mean anything to me or, I suspect, most fans. Just a meh club which bought the league a few times.

Sorry BC, VAR, the way it’s implemented in this country, is ruining the game. It gets more wrong than it does right, and, like the people operating it, it’s gutless and corrupt.

I understand why some don't like it but It doesn't really bother me whether I'm at football or on TV. And I believe it should get better and slicker in it's application. Shit decisions used to drive me fucking nuts. The use of VAR has virtually eradicated incorrect offsides, it's on the way to eradicating dive penalties - we just need better quality referees still and shit like that today still really fucks me off, that's why I want VAR because challenges like that can fuck players seasons and affect their careers. The stupid handbags and shit like Son got sent of for doesn't bother me at all.

But this is about rules and refs, not VAR, which is just a process.

Agree. Such a nothing club. I don't even hate them, they just don't mean anything to me or, I suspect, most fans. Just a meh club which bought the league a few times.
Yet we have dozens of posters on here telling us over and over that ENIC / Levy are cunts for not turning us into a plastic money-laundering shell of a football club, that going about things the right way means they should be kicked out and replaced with a faceless ATM - work that one out?

I understand why some don't like it but It doesn't really bother me whether I'm at football or on TV. And I believe it should get better and slicker in it's application. Shit decisions used to drive me fucking nuts. The use of VAR has virtually eradicated incorrect offsides, it's on the way to eradicating dive penalties - we just need better quality referees still and shit like that today still really fucks me off, that's why I want VAR because challenges like that can fuck players seasons and affect their careers. The stupid handbags and shit like Son got sent of for doesn't bother me at all.

But this is about rules and refs, not VAR, which is just a process.

A big problem with VAR is how bad our refs are, they don't use it correctly. It's in the Bundesliga and apparently isn't controversial.

I think it's here to stay but it needs major alteration. It's killing the atmosphere at games. Fans can't celebrate goals. The four-minute pause today was a total joke.

Eh...

He scored, so gets a free pass.

However pretty much every other thing he did during the game was awful. He wouldn't take on Walker, dribbled down blind alleys, lost control, overhit/underhit/mis-hit passes, dead-ball/corners hit first defender.

He was slightly less awful after his goal and in the second part of the second half. I'm not sure what's up with him as he's been like this for about the last half dozen games.

Anyway a great win, although how City managed to score 'nil' escapes me.

Sets up Soton nicely.

He wasn’t good in the first half I agree but he really put the effort in and made some great covering runs in the second half and deserved his goal

I doubt ANY player goes out to deliberately injure a player...

In fact, even taking into account the 'Hard Men' of the '70s... I'd say only a handful of modern day players would have that intention... namely Gavin Maguire, Mark Dennis & Vinny Jones. Nasty cunts all three... with a proper disrespect, bordering on a vicious jealousy of players better than them... (And ironically, ALL played for QPR during their career??) Odd fact there, violent player stat fans!

Got to add Roy Keane to that trio
Ask Alfie

A lot of people saying Son worked hard. He ran around quite a lot, but a lot of his defensive work as fucking atrocious. He constantly lets people run off him, which then pulls the CM's (or FB's and subsequently CB's) out of shape and opens us up.

Another thing Son does is sprint toward the man on the ball, but do that "overrun" thing, the man just side steps and then Son's out of the game. Son rarely ever challenges or tackles anyone.

And to be honest Bergwijn was as bad for a lot of the game, that moment where they got behind us on the right hand side of the penalty box but fucked their cut back, Bergwijn just lets someone run off him, which creates an overload on Tanganga (I think).

It's fucking shoddy stuff it really is and has been costing us for the last couple of years. Mourinho needs to get to grips with it, it's his thing after all.

Back
Top Bottom