Tottenham Hotspur v Wolves (01/03/20) (2pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Time to get rid of deadwood quickly and rebuild, should have started one or two seasons eariler but we didn't.

Too many useless, under performing players and liabilities.

A complete overhaul is needed but do we have the money?

Without money and European football, Spurs can't attract elite players, only mediocre players may want to join, that means we can't rebuild properly and in a deep trouble.

We were better for 85 minutes, and it's defensive block that cost us all 3 goals. That's what I said, we can't play high line, and if we play low + attacking mentality we have massive hole between lines. Wolves exploited it today without any effort, even fucking Colchester would. We need CBs and we need defensive midfielder.

He's barely had one good performance for us ever

The excuses made for this guy really boggles the mind. Never seen anything like it.
Let ,me clarify: when I refer to Ndombele being good, it is only ever going to be in regard to his attacking/creative contribution, as he has no real defensive qualities whatsoever.

I fully get that.

Simply another manager who out thought Jose.

We were all over them, he made changes and turned the game in their favour.

But this "Wide 3 CBs" or a "Narrow 4 man defence", neither works. It's the system more than the players at fault. Though when Sanchez forced their player infield, why Dier instead of tackling him backed off him is another thing altogether.

Well, that was us at full tilt. Three more games in nine days doesn't exactly install much confidence. Still, onto Norwich in the FA Cup on Wednesday.

I wish we were as good as them
I thought they were shit today, sat in and hit us on the break, barely created anything and weren't all that solid at the back either.

If we could defend to save our lives we would have won comfortably today.

But we are now at this kind of level, Wolves, Everton, Sheff Utd. Mid table, going nowhere fast in a 60 thousand stadium

Our entire team has spursy in their mind it's like brain damage.

They will never recover they are so used to bottling it over and over they can't imagine winning with the pressure on.
So what do you suggest... we sell everyone and buy Wolves, Watford, Burnley & Leicester's players?
They seem to have summit about them!

3 defeats on the trot, 2 of them at home. Oh, how I've missed you 3 point Lane.

Seriously though, that defence today, especially Tang and Dier, was League 1 quality. Dele was just straight-up terrible, and Ndombele had the most frustrating performance in our shirt. Only positives were Lo Celso, Winks and Serge.

Need a clearout, as soon as possible.

Back
Top Bottom