Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

After the 1-1 draw with Burnley, Mourinho said the Frenchman ‘has to give us more than he is giving us’, while previously calling out his injury record.

But Cole, having experienced it all himself, backs his former manager’s strategy when it comes to getting the best from his players.

“When it happened to me it was not a problem,” Cole told the PA news agency.

“It is a grown up’s sport. If you don’t play well or you don’t do what you are supposed to do, whether you expect to get criticised publicly or not, you need to be tough, you need to understand the nature of the beast.

“He is a young man, the right response is to knuckle down and perform.

“I saw the performance in question and if he was one of my players that would have been my stance on it.”

He added: “Jose will know what he is doing, he will know what the lad’s character is.
“He will expect the lad to react, turn his time at Tottenham around, kick-start his career or he will expect for the lad to move on.
“It will be nothing personal but certain jobs have to be done on the pitch. Hopefully the lad can do that.

“At times that treatment worked on me. He gets the best out of a lot of players, that is why he has won multiple trophies at multiple clubs across Europe.
“He knows about managing people. He knows when to whip the horse and when to not and that is management.”

The guy is just slow on his feet his acceleration is more like that of a sluggish centre back rather than a creative midfielder.

He's no slower than Dembele was. He's no slower than Sissoko most of the time, I mean watch (1 minute in) how hard Sissoko sprints to close Atsu down for Newcastle's goal).

But people seem to believe he's a fucking trojan workhorse.

Found this little gem from earlier in the season whilst watching a rerun of the Olympiakos game. Watch their first goal from 15 seconds into the video. Watch Dier not sprint, just jog, through the whole sequence.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom