Sheffield United v Tottenham Hotspur - July 2nd - 6pm(UK)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You never really know what you had until it’s gone....Kane is about as good as any team could possibly want, hence why we will receive a large check for him soon enough....I dread to think what or who we come up with to replace him with.....
Goal scorer will always be there, but for me the player has peaked, due to the cautious nature of his game.
He and Poch both to blame.
A Golden Boot and bragging rights over Vardy wasn’t worth it.

Wilder is a good coach.

You don't take a team from League One to 7th in the Premier League in 3 seasons if youre not.
Agreed.

The problem was, for us, how easily Wilder snubbed out Mourinho's tactics. Also worrying was that Mourinho never seemed to have a plan B

The Mourinho fanboys can paint it any way they want, Wilder saw what Jose was doing, changed tactics to null it and then the inevitable happened.

You can argue Norwood should have been sent off, but I'll tell you one thing, as I said last season, if he played for us, we would be so much stronger and secure in defence and midfield.

Wilder really impressed me last night.
He has put together a team with a lot of energy, all of them get around the pitch for the full 90 minutes.

We couldn't contain McGoldrick at our place, now it was Mousset and the one that looks like Catweazle that were the problem.

Another example where we were just outfought.
Were we though?
Besides Hugo's best Greg Luganis impressions in the first minute, Brighton basically knew Alderweireld and Vertonghen couldn't handle pace, so they brought in a speedy youngster who terrorised our defence. They didn't really need to fight with us, they knew we would be on the back foot and simply leaned on us.

Were we though?
Besides Hugo's best Greg Luganis impressions in the first minute, Brighton basically knew Alderweireld and Vertonghen couldn't handle pace, so they brought in a speedy youngster who terrorised our defence. They didn't really need to fight with us, they knew we would be on the back foot and simply leaned on us.
And he outfought us, made us look silly. Has he done that since against anyone else? No!

Bergwijn was really good for parts yesterday but I don't think he's got the tools to play behind the striker. His close control and touch are too inconsistent and erratic... play him on the wing, need a more defensively aware and less risky player there.
I actually forgot he was playing.

The Mourinho fanboys can paint it any way they want, Wilder saw what Jose was doing, changed tactics to null it and then the inevitable happened.

You can argue Norwood should have been sent off, but I'll tell you one thing, as I said last season, if he played for us, we would be so much stronger and secure in defence and midfield.

Wilder really impressed me last night.
Who are they? Don't think I have seen any fanboys for Mourinho on here.

Back
Top Bottom