Sheffield United v Tottenham Hotspur - July 2nd - 6pm(UK)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dembele and Eriksen
Our midfield high water mark.

LoCelso & Ndombele were/are supposed to be (and ought to be) their heirs....

Correct me if I'm wrong, but they've yet to start a single game together under either manager. Rather than pissing and moaning about spending or eulogising their predecessors, we ought to focus upon why.

Hairy’s Post Match Thoughts

1. Same old shit. We move the ball beautifully in the 1st two thirds, but then stall out in the final transaction. Always see this type of result, or similar, when up against a well organized defense

2. I was still all in on the Dire/Sanchez paring until the second goal. A little communication would have been nice. Nevertheless, I’m still overall impressed with Dire’s CB play. He’s fearless throwing that melon into clearance headers.

3. Lucas is Portuguese for ”where promising counterattacks go to die”. He flashes brilliant 1 out of10 times, the other 9 leave you scratching your head...........Sell.

4. That was the final nail in the coffin for Europe. Not sure they really wanted it anyway TBH, given the virus and all.

5. I still see promise and talent for next season. Top 4 is a possibility, if we spend In the summer. Still not close to the likes of Liverpool or City. They are the Bayern and Dortmund of the PL.

6. Saw some NICE passing in the middle third yesterday, just wish they could capitalize.

7. For God‘s sake Sissoko, shoot the fucking ball. Try on frame while you’re at it.

8. Still high on G Lo. He’s really going to come good and be fantastic asset. Let’s just hope he stays healthy.

9. Isn’t it cute when Lamela fakes to his right?

Playing him centrally completely suffocated him... Even more so considering Lucas was repeatedly dribbling into an already congested central area too.

Genuine question; has Lucas EVER put a cross in for us?

The weird thing that struck me last night was no that there was no movement off the ball - there was - but the movement off the ball was some of the worst decision making I think I've seen from us for a while.

For example, every time Lucas ran off the ball, he never ran into space, he always ran straight into the middle of 3 defenders so when the inevitable pass back to him came he was already odds on to lose it or get tackled.

No one seemed to want to run wide - they all wanted to cut inside into the already congested area.

And I must have been watching a different Ndombele last night as he looked quite out of shape and a bit heavy (unless that's his usual physique). He had a couple of nice touches but was blowing hard after 5 minutes.

' It is, however, considered natural for a player to put their arm between their body and the ground for support when falling, so long as the arm is not extended to make the body bigger. '

I think Michael Oliver needs to come out and apologise

Igula certainly is one, there are others. Just look for the posts that say Mourinho isn't at fault for anything and the desperate references to him being a winner.

He's a blow-hard who's only been here about a week yet has already established that he is incapable of talking in anything but extremes and gross exageration....

"Liverpool have no good players... I guess Mane is alright, but I don't like him." being one of many gems.

Brighton was terrible and an embarrassment

I disagree that Aurier isn’t our biggest problem
He was last night because he was virtually our only attacking option and he can’t cross to save his life
And while he was wasting another attack up front Sissoko and others had to cover him

But I'm not saying Aurier was our only problem last night
Plenty of others didn’t perform either but he never does

I can only remember him ever putting one decent cross in and that was against The Dippers I think when Gio couldn’t get on the end of it

I get it you think it was Sissoko’s fault last night
I thought he made a couple of howlers as usual a couple of decent tackles and passes but generally anonymous

I aim not Aurier's biggest fan by a long stretch, but there aren't exactly a bunch of affordable quality attacking RB's out there. I said exactly the same when people were slaughtering Trippier, who I also knew was flawed, but said then just selling him isn't going to solve the problems, and he's still in the Cl and will be playing it next year, unlike us.

I don't think it is all Sissoko's fault, but that second goal was disgraceful. If Ndombele had done that he'd be getting absolutely mullered now by everyone, Mourinho included. And it's very much not the first time his laziness and inability to defend has directly cost us goals, Villa, Newcastle, Brighton to name but three. And if he can't at least do basic defensive stuff well, then what's the point of him, because he can't play football and offers absolutely nothing offensively - as we saw for the umpteenth time last night again.

I'm not Sanchez and certainly not Dier's biggest fan either, but we were conceding goals like this with TA and JV back there, so I don't really see the point of swapping them back in.

We've tried changing the defenders about and it doesn't make a difference. It's time to try something else, like switching to a 3 man midfield and giving Skipp a run of games with both Lo Celso and Ndombele in there.

I aim not Aurier's biggest fan by a long stretch, but there aren't exactly a bunch of affordable quality attacking RB's out there. I said exactly the same when people were slaughtering Trippier, who I also knew was flawed, but said then just selling him isn't going to solve the problems, and he's still in the Cl and will be playing it next year, unlike us.

I don't think it is all Sissoko's fault, but that second goal was disgraceful. If Ndombele had done that he'd be getting absolutely mullered now by everyone, Mourinho included. And it's very much not the first time his laziness and inability to defend has directly cost us goals, Villa, Newcastle, Brighton to name but three. And if he can't at least do basic defensive stuff well, then what's the point of him, because he can't play football and offers absolutely nothing offensively - as we saw for the umpteenth time last night again.

I'm not Sanchez and certainly not Dier's biggest fan either, but we were conceding goals like this with TA and JV back there, so I don't really see the point of swapping them back in.

We've tried changing the defenders about and it doesn't make a difference. It's time to try something else, like switching to a 3 man midfield and giving Skipp a run of games with both Lo Celso and Ndombele in there.

Needs a total rethink imv as it’s not working atm

I don't think It’s so much laziness with Sissoko as genuine cluelessness
Sometimes his brain freezes and he doesn’t know what to do but what about Davies with that last one
One attacker to Mark right in front of goal and he stands there watching him

ok let’s get Skipp in from the start along with Ndombele but we can’t start Aurier especially in his attacking role
Just not working

Needs a total rethink imv as it’s not working atm

I don't think It’s so much laziness with Sissoko as genuine cluelessness
Sometimes his brain freezes and he doesn’t know what to do but what about Davies with that last one
One attacker to Mark right in front of goal and he stands there watching him

ok let’s get Skipp in from the start along with Ndombele but we can’t start Aurier especially in his attacking role
Just not working

Agree with most of that. Just don't think there is a better alternative to Aurier right now. I think he's the only option until we get to the transfer window, and even then I'm not sure, with our budget (COVID) and other needs we can afford much of an upgrade TBH. Cheap Quality RB's are scarce.

Agree with most of that. Just don't think there is a better alternative to Aurier right now. I think he's the only option until we get to the transfer window, and even then I'm not sure, with our budget (COVID) and other needs we can afford much of an upgrade TBH. Cheap Quality RB's are scarce.

Fair enough so how about three at the back ?
Which three I really don’t know

Most down I’ve been with our side since
Graham and Gross

Mught start following the Imps!!

Fair enough so how about three at the back ?
Which three I really don’t know

Most down I’ve been with our side since
Graham and Gross

Mught start following the Imps!!

It's pretty grim.

I think under Mourinho playing 3 at the back would just end up being a bus park every week. I'd much rather just try a 433.

If by 'caring about the result' then YES, many fans are the problem...

I'm sure Levy would prefer a stadium full of 60k tourists, happy to pay through the nose in the club shop, not give one shit about the result, as long as they get their 'peace sign' selfie outside the ground with enough of the Spurs logo in it to 'influence' the next wave of tourists....

As it is, there ARE no tourists in the ground right now... the only people bothering to tune in, or follow the result, are people who CARE about the result, but can't get to a game right now... so the response is that of disappointment.... and frustration that we can't even sing ourselves hoarse, or shout and scream in the ground for 90minutes... it's gotta boil over SOMEWHERE!

I imagine the tourists are onto the next thing by now... cos judging on how we've been playing recently, it certainly won't be us they come flocking back to next season....
Maybe it's a blessing in disguise!

Well, the fans who want us to win don’t stand around me in the south stand. I’m one of the only people who make any noise and sing. All the other are either stood there silent or too busy moaning. It’s shit. I’m moving seats next season to see if it’s better because at the moment it’s enough not to make me want to go to games.

Igula certainly is one, there are others. Just look for the posts that say Mourinho isn't at fault for anything and the desperate references to him being a winner.

A fanboy? I said we should move on from him in the offseason. But yes I don't give the players and pass and hate on Jose for no reason.

There is still no evidence that Jose was outcoached yesterday either. Unless you honestly believe Jose coached the players to leave guys wide open in the box, let players cross into the box without blocking any passes and told Moura to stick his arm out and (maybe) have the defender kick the ball into it.

A fanboy? I said we should move on from him in the offseason. But yes I don't give the players and pass and hate on Jose for no reason.

There is still no evidence that Jose was outcoached yesterday either. Unless you honestly believe Jose coached the players to leave guys wide open in the box, let players cross into the box without blocking any passes and told Moura to stick his arm out and (maybe) have the defender kick the ball into it.

Would you concede Sheff found us extremely easy to contain?

Back
Top Bottom