Sheffield United v Tottenham Hotspur - July 2nd - 6pm(UK)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I really don't understand why people are turning their noses up at the Europa League. What are you ditching it for? To finish in the top 4 next season? The same prize you get for winning the Europa League? Win an FA Cup, which gets us back into the Europa League?

If we aren't going to get Champions League then I 100% want to be in the Europa League.

Who are we to be picky on what competitions which should be aiming to win, we haven't won anything in over a decade!

What’s the point of sacking Mourinho?

Will it make Sissoko stop pointing? Will it give Lucas a brain? Lamela a right foot?

We’ve bought shit, average players and were now a shit average team.

For the first time in my life i feel like giving up in football. All because of that ludicrous VAR decision. The problem is VAR was supposed to make things more fair, but its doing the opposite. I can accept a ref getting something wrong in real time but not this.

Team Heat map has been published

BqNMOeyIIAAu5yt.jpg

I’m falling out of love with football, there is just no enjoyment in it anymore, it’s not about the winning as I’m a spurs fan I’m used to ya being shite I just can’t explain it but it isn’t the same anymore

- VAR-tainted, moneyball shit-fest...
- Spoiled, un-focussed players...
- Miserable, whinging fans half of which think they're master tacticians and scouts or are consumed with bitter jealousy of the success of anyone else....
- Costs a mint to watch; whether that's in a stadium or on TV...

As you say, it's not about losing; it's just a massive slog to wrench regular enjoyment out of what the game has progressively become....

We've had a romantic few years where we believed we could catch lightning in a bottle, but the game's been doomed ever since the EPL took over (when kids like me were priced out of the game overnight!); the likes of Chavski & Citeh only served to accelerate the process.

Got a chance to make up ground on the 4 teams above us, Leicester are in absolute free fall.

No excuses, everyone's fit. They have no momentum since the restart and no 12th man to make it intimidating.

We are better in every single position.

No excuses. Keep it tight again, give us another clean sheet and a nice comfy 3-0

We won't win the Europa League, there are some very good teams in it and we won't get past them.

There are far too many matches and it only gets exciting in the latter stages by which time we'll be out of it anyway.

I don't want us to win the FA Cup so we can then qualify for the Europa League.
I want us to win the FA Cup so we can have a trophy at last.

Not being in Europe next season could well be a blessing.

Leicester 2016 - no European football - they won the Premier League.

Chelsea 2017 - no European football - they won the Premier League.

Next season, the year ends in 1,

This could be our chance to end 60 years of hurt!!

C'mon guys, let's be positive!!

:tobyarm:

*lists all of the reasons why we can’t win the Europa league

*asks us to be positive

🤦‍♂️

lose and we're 9th.. NINTH!!!
Win and we're surprisingly then only 7 points of 3rd placed Leicester.
Draw no good for us.

(no this isn't a haiku).

We must take our chances when teams around us drop points. COYSSSSSSS
Lose and we're 9th.. NINTH
Win and we're 7 points off third place
Draw no good for us

There you go, now it's a haiku

I have too much time on my hands I know

Back
Top Bottom