Sheffield United v Tottenham Hotspur - July 2nd - 6pm(UK)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If you do not have in your pocket the ability to bounce back or get over adversity you do not have character.

We are an utterly gutless outfit.

The only good thing is that the die hard fans who would follow this shower have been saved the costs.

Disgraceful.

Last edited:
That should be the end of Sissoko starting another game going forward. I'd rather see just about anyone in that spot.

Lo Celso getting a lot of shit, but how well can you perform with you have a donkey playing along side of you?

Well that was fucking horrific.

Problem is I don't see any real solutions coming any time soon.
There's no money.
Shit players will not want to leave for 'lesser' clubs and less money.
Even if they do want to go Levy will demand ridiculous money for them and they will still be here next season.
Kane and possibly Son will be itching to get away.

Even if i'm wrong and we do manage a mini clear out or sell harry i have zero confidence that the scouting team can spot a decent premier league player.

I am proper worried about our future.

Thought Ndombele was alright.

Vertonghen at LB vs Everton?

Kane put the ball in the net 4 times... so that's a positive....

We can’t keep playing Aurier

Offers nothing other than running quickly up and down the wing
Can’t defend
Can’t cross
Useless

In terms of intentions I think we've played a hell of a lot worse than that, I can't fault the general effort for the most part, but as well as our own failings, we definitely din't get the rub. We were well on top and looking the more likely to score when they scored, then we score and get it it ridiculously ruled out. I'm not moaning about VAR, it's the law that's utter garbage, and in this case a completely incorrect application of it (from what I understand as Moura was falling). But we then plug away, keep at it and are again well on top when we concede another really poor goal.

That second goal is an absolute kick in the nuts. At that point we'd put a fuck of a lot of huffing and puffing into it, put in plenty of effort, were having something like 70% of the ball, but a combination of only having one footballer in midfield, our creative ineptitude and their obduracy made it tough. When that second goal goes in we all knew the gig was up.

The first goal I've watched again and at first I thought it was Son and Lo Celso, but actually I'm not sure you can single out anyone, if anyone else has got a take on this I'll listen. If anything I think the fuck up starts when Berge is allowed to receive the ball in acres of space, with the overlap also in acres of space, I think the forward players needed to drop with the rest of the team to close the huge gaps between lines. Davies was left isolated and is a bit flat footed and fails to prevent the run/cross.

The second one Sissoko is a fucking disgrace. If you stop the game clock at 67.52 he is just idling back into picture despite them having possession and looking to counter, this is our "DM". 67.57 he's now level with Osbourne, but instead of running with him, he just gives him a little tug of the shirt and the just stands there and lets him go free into the box and get on the ball, so Sanchez has to come out to him, meanwhile Sissoko is still just standing still not even watching as Stevens gets the run on Aurier - which was also piss poor from Aurier - and again is like a turtle in a fucking windsock as Stevens now has an easy run through and sets up the goal. If Sissoko just does the right thing - and he gets two bites at it, he can prevent the clusterfuck.

Dier maybe could have taken a pace toward Lloris, same Davies, but if you look, there are also two guys behind them waiting for the cut back, so I think both were caught in two minds. But again there were lots of bodies not busting a gut to get back and help defend.

I thought the first sub off should have been Son, who was offering absolutely fuck all with or without the ball. I would have brought on Ndombele (who played the games only incisive pass when he came on) not Lamela, we needed someone who can make a vertical, incisive pass as we'd failed to create a single tangible thing, Lamela as ever just wanted to take 17 touches too many.

I am not a fan of the human pin ball that is Moura, but I actually thought he was probably our most lively attacking player tonight and he did actually work quite hard off the ball.

The trouble is, none of Son, Moura or Bergwijn are craftsmen, they are all more direct types who want to run at legs.

Ndombele looked decent when he came on, looked to get on the ball (only made 15 less passes than Sissoko in 50 minutes less).

We've got to switch out of this fucking 4231, we do not have the midfielders to make it work, it's been obvious for 2 years. If you are going to play a front 4 they have to work harder and smarter without the ball than ours do.

And Mourinho has got to wise up to the mistakes that got Pochettino the sack, like playing athletes instead of footballers in midfield. The Sissoko joke has to stop, it's not been funny for a long time. Get Skipp in their for the rest of the season now, and get Ndombele and Lo Celso either side of him, move to a 433.

Last edited:
jM0Mnhd.jpg

Gazza, Toby, Verts, Winks, Gedson, Sessegnon, Lamela, Dele, Moura

I’ve had some of my best nights at the Lane at europa league games to be fair, dunno if it’s because it’s a Thursday night so everyone gets right on it, but atmosphere is always great

if we miss champions league then absolutely we need to be in the Europa

I hate this team now

when i see most of them now, i just get this deep urge to kick them in the face repeatedly

watchng football is just bad for my health nowadays... so fucking depressing.

I’m falling out of love with football, there is just no enjoyment in it anymore, it’s not about the winning as I’m a spurs fan I’m used to ya being shite I just can’t explain it but it isn’t the same anymore

I'm so done with this 'modern' version of our club... the last 3 months have taught me to put things in perspective....
But the last 3 DECADES have finally proved that Spurs aren't the club I fell in love with....
Scholar, Sugar and Levy... all in their own way have proved that personal gain comes above the good of the club... they've all made millions at our expense, and for what? A near miss every decade...
We've come SO close on so many occasions, and not ONE owner has pushed on and taken advantage... only to sell the family jewels and convince us we're moving on... which we're not... and never have.

Liverpool lost the league and the CL in successive seasons... and came back stronger to win them BOTH....what did we do after the 'Leicester' season... and last year...? Feel sorry for ourselves, and fall away, admitting our failures, and succumbing to defeat...

Well FUCK that shit... I wanna see a reaction for once... but we're unlikely to under the current regime.

Shame, real shame SPURS.... I'd expected better of you.... apparently, I was wrong. VERY wrong!

Last edited:
Having grown up on a stoic diet of us in the 90s, I honestly can say that this is possibly the most painful season I've endured. Literally can't wait til it's over.
Chin up, next season we have Jose as our manager with no transfer budget because we can't host events in our £1B stadium.

It's all upside, baby.

Just had it pointed out to me that we’re playing Woolwich on 12th July, with a game against Bournemouth on the 9th. Woolwich’s game before us is on the 7th giving them 2 days extra rest. Who the fuck put those fixtures together?! Arteta?

The Premier League really is ran by a bunch of morons.

Back
Top Bottom