Sheffield United v Tottenham Hotspur - July 2nd - 6pm(UK)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m a fan of VAR overall but I’m sorry they can FUCK OFF with that bullshit!!!!

How in gods name could anyone anywhere consider that a “clear and obvious” error????? There was only ONE angle where it looked like it may have brushed off his arm!!!

That’s total bollocks coming from a crooked, shit cunt of a ref in Michael Oliver.

I never complain about VAR but that was the most ridiculous decision I have seen at a football match. I don't think I can watch football anymore if some idiots can change a game like that.

It’s not VAR, it’s the fucking idiots running it. How can it be classed as handball if he’s been fouled before and kicked to the ground, then have the ball pelted at you from 1 yard?

It’s not football anymore.

How can a team with players like Kane, Son, Bergwijn and all the quality players we have look so terrible? We lack ideas, we are slow and predictable and like we're playing with no effort whatsoever.

Levy and ENIC have ruined this club, it will always be profit over success, always, they have built their entertainment venue to make themselves a tidy little profit on concerts and the NFL and have fucked the footballing side of the club to oblivion, is it any wonder most of us are sick of them?

Bruno Fernandes is a prime example of a player we could have had but money overrided a football decision and look how that panned out.

I was of the mind set that if we didn't get CL I'd rather not have EL footy. However, as someone (poss Airfixx Airfixx ) said it does give the kids an excellent platform to show their worth and earn their stripes. So if it's to be Thursday nights then I'm on board so long as it's used for bringing the young talent through. I'd love Troy, for example to get games and show he can be trusted.
If we get Europa, then I want to go all out to win it. You can get away with kids and fringe players in the group stages, but beyond that we need to take it seriously. A reward of a UCL spot, a trophy and getting the taste for success is huge.

I'd rather win the Europa than a league cup or try and get 4th spot.

In all honesty, I enjoyed our game that half. Bergwijn and Lo Celso continue to impress for me. The disallowed goal was just shocking, not only disallowing the goal but not even getting a free kick from a blatant foul. The decision not to even go to VAR for the Norwood assault was a joke too.

Think we have to make changes. I'd even go for one at half time and get Lamela on for Lucas.

We'll turn this around in my view, think we may even end up getting a penalty but it shouldn't have been this difficult with decent officiating.

Heard nothing new since this:

Probably caught his appendicitis of that cunt Dier.

Am I right TFC medical experts?

giphy.gif

I don't think we should underestimate these. On our day we shouldn't have any real issues BUT we aren't exactly in a rich vein of form.
Hopefully they will be knackered after smashing the granny out of Woolwich in the cup game.

7-1. Double hattrick for Kane and one for Ndombele.

lose and we're 9th.. NINTH!!!
Win and we're surprisingly then only 7 points of 3rd placed Leicester.
Draw no good for us.

(no this isn't a haiku).

We must take our chances when teams around us drop points. COYSSSSSSS

To be fair, the Utd and West Ham results have got me excited for this one.

Defensively we've been a lot better, so will be interesting to see if that was because of Utd having an off day and West Ham being shit or if we actually have been working hard to get our defensive shape on point. Dier has been some what of a revelation when we've had Alderweireld and Vertonghen making defensive mistakes all over the gaff (Dier penalty aside) - It's sad though that not conceding from open play in 2 games is somewhat of a success.

I am just finding myself excited to see what Lo Celso can do, every game. Reminds me of when I was excited to watch Spurs just to see what Dembele could do and how he would dominate. As long as he, Son and Kane start, I'll always be confident. Hopefully Jose makes the right choices and also starts Lamela over Dele and Bergwijn over Lucas.

COYS!

Back
Top Bottom