Sheffield United v Tottenham Hotspur - July 2nd - 6pm(UK)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I never complain about VAR but that was the most ridiculous decision I have seen at a football match. I don't think I can watch football anymore if some idiots can change a game like that.
Was absolute nonsense. Lucas wasn’t even standing up: there was nothing he could have done. Absolute bollocks. Never given as handball in any other situation on the pitch.

For the first time in my life i feel like giving up in football. All because of that ludicrous VAR decision. The problem is VAR was supposed to make things more fair, but its doing the opposite. I can accept a ref getting something wrong in real time but not this.

Exactly , it seems the cunts doing VAR are just following a script they are given before the game, ie Spurs are going to lose this game 2-1 , make sure it happens.

I never complain about VAR but that was the most ridiculous decision I have seen at a football match. I don't think I can watch football anymore if some idiots can change a game like that.
Just said exactly the same mate, its killing premiwr league football. Best league in the world with the most useless cunts of officials

In all honesty, I enjoyed our game that half. Bergwijn and Lo Celso continue to impress for me. The disallowed goal was just shocking, not only disallowing the goal but not even getting a free kick from a blatant foul. The decision not to even go to VAR for the Norwood assault was a joke too.

Think we have to make changes. I'd even go for one at half time and get Lamela on for Lucas.

We'll turn this around in my view, think we may even end up getting a penalty but it shouldn't have been this difficult with decent officiating.

I think we will probably turn this around but that decision was scandalous. The new handball rule is a crime against football.

Also our defending for the goal was shit, not close to blocking the assist or the goal. We need to get Lamela or Ndombele on and start playing through them a bit more. The 3 support players in attack are all too similar.

What a shit half. The band of 3 behind Kane have no idea what they are doing. Just aimlessly interchanging and running forward.

Aurier and Davies are so bad...

At least Aurier is trying to get forward... what the fuck is Davies even doing? Never contributes to build up or offensive play.
There’s been a few times where Lo Celso has had the ball, Davies is in space, but you can see Gio doesn’t want to give him the ball because he knows he’ll do absolutely sweet fuck all with it! Hes just crap.

Not sure I’ve ever felt as cheated watching a half of football

the goal being ruled out was utterly pathetic

norwood has just been booked and runs directly at son with his elbow whilst staring at him

VAR needs to be looked at and if that means a season without it before they get it right then fine

Dogshit from VAR on two occasions. To overrule that goal for handball is beyond a fucking joke, and to not give that Sheffield cunt a second yellow or straight red for an obvious head-height elbow is also a fucking joke.

Pathetic defending for their goal but not too bad outside of that. Just an absolute shambles of a VAR/refereeing performance so far.

It’s not VAR, it’s the fucking idiots running it. How can it be classed as handball if he’s been fouled before and kicked to the ground, then have the ball pelted at you from 1 yard?

It’s not football anymore.

Back
Top Bottom