Sheffield United v Tottenham Hotspur - July 2nd - 6pm(UK)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To be fair, the Utd and West Ham results have got me excited for this one.

Defensively we've been a lot better, so will be interesting to see if that was because of Utd having an off day and West Ham being shit or if we actually have been working hard to get our defensive shape on point. Dier has been some what of a revelation when we've had Alderweireld and Vertonghen making defensive mistakes all over the gaff (Dier penalty aside) - It's sad though that not conceding from open play in 2 games is somewhat of a success.

I am just finding myself excited to see what Lo Celso can do, every game. Reminds me of when I was excited to watch Spurs just to see what Dembele could do and how he would dominate. As long as he, Son and Kane start, I'll always be confident. Hopefully Jose makes the right choices and also starts Lamela over Dele and Bergwijn over Lucas.

COYS!

As my youngster‘s head teacher said at a graduation ceremony:
”It’s your attitude that determines your altitude”

cheese-varieties.jpg

You’re up early doc, like the positivity. Agreed he’ll turn out just fine
Busy day coming up
Going to get busier on July 4th. Just when I was hoping to get back to what I should be doing.
Oh well The Non Acute CV patient's loss is Aand E's gain.
Ndom just needs to understand the different mentality of the PL. He's just a kid. Not fully mature enough to pick that up quickly but as you say, I believe he's going to become a great asset . Look how long it took Dembele.

We won't win the Europa League, there are some very good teams in it and we won't get past them.

There are far too many matches and it only gets exciting in the latter stages by which time we'll be out of it anyway.

I don't want us to win the FA Cup so we can then qualify for the Europa League.
I want us to win the FA Cup so we can have a trophy at last.

Not being in Europe next season could well be a blessing.

Leicester 2016 - no European football - they won the Premier League.

Chelsea 2017 - no European football - they won the Premier League.

Next season, the year ends in 1,

This could be our chance to end 60 years of hurt!!

C'mon guys, let's be positive!!

:tobyarm:

Seems like a catch 22 honestly.

Either we try for all competitions and win nothing burning ourselves out, or we go all in for a selected number of trophies.

For us to win silver wear we must abandon other targets, teams that have not had to play Champions League matches have been greatly helped during the title race and vice versa.

I agree. I would feel differently if I felt we had a genuine chance of going all the way and winning it but I don't think the Europa League is a big enough competition where we could say:

'Hey, we got to the quarter-finals!!'

Just qualifying for the Champions League on its own is exciting but I think participation in the Europa League is only worthwhile if we are genuine contenders to win it and I just don't think we are.

I agree. I would feel differently if I felt we had a genuine chance of going all the way and winning it but I don't think the Europa League is a big enough competition where we could say:

'Hey, we got to the quarter-finals!!'

Just qualifying for the Champions League on its own is exciting but I think participation in the Europa League is only worthwhile if we are genuine contenders to win it and I just don't think we are.

Yet participation in the Champions League, where we're not a genuine contender, is fine?

I think José does and he can win it again

We must try and win every game

I don’t think CL is realistic now but we can finish ahead of Chavs and Leicester
Chavs shocking against Spam

I don't think Jose believes this current squad can win a European trophy.

There's too much work that needs to be done.

If we finished above Chelsea and Leicester (which we won't) then I reckon that would give us a realistic chance of Champions League qualification.

I was being sarcastic about us winning the league next year.

(For fuck's sake...)

:mourshock:

So why fuck off a chance of a European trophy (and CL qualification) then?

.....Unless, you're saying fuck off Europe in order to have a crack at the FA cup?

Your logic is appalling.....

Seems like a catch 22 honestly.

Either we try for all competitions and win nothing burning ourselves out, or we go all in for a selected number of trophies.

For us to win silver wear we must abandon other targets, teams that have not had to play Champions League matches have been greatly helped during the title race and vice versa.

The slightest hint of that has earned both Poch & Levy a shit-load of criticism.... Even more so in retrospect.

The idea of sacrificing Europe for a crack at the FA or LC is so 'small-time' it's ridiculous!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom