Sheffield United v Tottenham Hotspur - July 2nd - 6pm(UK)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Frankly, every game is must win here on out.

Kill Sheffield with speed. They can't handle it.

Lloris
Aurier Sanchez Dier Davies
Sissoko GLC
Bergwijn Lamela Son
Kane

Lucas off the bench when they're tired. No Dele until later. Bumbling not needed for fast counter attacks.
They are missing Connell at the back. They look like they have run out of steam.

It would be great to win it but there's one slight issue...

We won't win it.

And the number of matches will have a detrimental effect on our performance in the other competitions.
Seems like a catch 22 honestly.

Either we try for all competitions and win nothing burning ourselves out, or we go all in for a selected number of trophies.

For us to win silver wear we must abandon other targets, teams that have not had to play Champions League matches have been greatly helped during the title race and vice versa.

We won't win the Europa League, there are some very good teams in it and we won't get past them.

There are far too many matches and it only gets exciting in the latter stages by which time we'll be out of it anyway.

I don't want us to win the FA Cup so we can then qualify for the Europa League.
I want us to win the FA Cup so we can have a trophy at last.

Not being in Europe next season could well be a blessing.

Leicester 2016 - no European football - they won the Premier League.

Chelsea 2017 - no European football - they won the Premier League.

Next season, the year ends in 1,

This could be our chance to end 60 years of hurt!!

C'mon guys, let's be positive!!

:tobyarm:
You've just listed all the reasons as to why we can't win the Europa League, and then decided we can win the league over Man City, Liverpool, Man Utd and Chelsea..

I’ll take anything at this point (Audi cup doesn’t count)
If my memory serves me right we were the first English team to win the EL (back when it was called the UEFA cup). We should definitely not be scoffing at it. (Just double checked and we were the first ever winners of it period under UEFA jurisdiction).

There is no detriment to us going for it. None.

Sheffield United haven't been great recently but is it a must win game?

Yes, it will keep our very, VERY faint hopes of Champions League qualification alive but it's far more likely that we'll be playing in the Europa League and do we really want that?

I think José does and he can win it again

We must try and win every game

I don’t think CL is realistic now but we can finish ahead of Chavs and Leicester
Chavs shocking against Spam

I don't see how people can say this team is not good enough to win EL. We have most of the players still from a side that went to the final of the CL. To say this group of players is not good enough to win a trophy of that size makes no sense imo. They took out strong City and Ajax sides, all without Harry Kane. At full strength, Spurs would definitely be one of the favourites.

I think José does and he can win it again

We must try and win every game

I don’t think CL is realistic now but we can finish ahead of Chavs and Leicester
Chavs shocking against Spam
Yes, he can win it again.

CL hopes are relying on us going on a really strong run. 7 games, all winnable... it's a cliche but they have to look at it as if you win all your games, you have a decent chance. Leicester and Chelsea look like they could drop points coming up.

Yes, he can win it again.

CL hopes are relying on us going on a really strong run. 7 games, all winnable... it's a cliche but they have to look at it as if you win all your games, you have a decent chance. Leicester and Chelsea look like they could drop points coming up.

Annoyingly the Scum are stringing some results together so we just can’t let them overtake us
Unthinkable

Annoyingly the Scum are stringing some results together so we just can’t let them overtake us
Unthinkable
Just what I was thinking too. They have a very tough run of fixtures compared to us though. Liverpool, City, Wolves, Leicester. What's weird is that if we can keep winning, it might help if they can take points from Wolves or Leicester.

The NLD is only 10 days away :tobyarm:

Just what I was thinking too. The NLD is only 10 days away :tobyarm:

Well, if we get our shit together and go on the necessary run that'll take care of itself.....

So gutting though.... First NLD at the new stadium and it's behind closed doors. :avbmad:

It would be great to win it but there's one slight issue...

We won't win it.

And the number of matches will have a detrimental effect on our performance in the other competitions.
We won't win Europa league yet may win f.a cup when we could be up against City, Utd, Chelsea, Dippers?!
You are a twat sir.
How's that hardly ever posting going??

Well, if we get our shit together and go on the necessary run that'll take care of itself.....

So gutting though.... First NLD at the new stadium and it's behind closed doors. :avbmad:
We have a fit and healthy Harry Kane ready to go. The guy loves a couple hat tricks at the end of the season. It's time for them to go on a run. Still think this side has enough to say they're the 3rd best team in the league. If the league had been stopped two games before, we'd have had a shot at Wolves and Chelsea and I don't think we'd lose both if Kane, Son, Bergwijn, Sissoko were all fit.

First NLD at the new stadium would've been incredible. There's almost no real advantage now.

I always thought that scrapping the Cup Winner’s Cup was a mistake.

Getting rid of it didn’t make sense to me - it was more prestigious than the UEFA Cup.

It meant that there were now two European competitions, the one everybody cared about and the lesser competition that was devalued further by the increasing gulf between it and the Champions League.

Everything UEFA did to try to increase the prestige of the competition had the opposite effect:
  • Allowing Champions League rejects to join the competition at a later stage
  • Changing the name to the Europa League
  • The winners qualifying for the Champions League
One of the most appealing things about the Europa League now is that if you win it then you don’t have to participate in it the following season!!

Yes, it would be nice if we won it but not as nice as winning it before it was devalued.

I’d like to see us qualify for it if I thought we had a genuine chance of winning it but I don’t think we do.

Also there are too many Thursday matches and it will have a detrimental effect on our performance in the league.

It’s not like the Champions League where there is excitement and a lot of revenue from a decent run in the competition.

With the Europa League, it’s not the taking part, it’s the winning that counts and we won’t win it.

Cup winners cup can only really work if the Champions League is only for champions. And that it turn can't work with modern football. Things used to be a lot more equal. These days there'd only be 4-5 strong teams in any given year, and then 50 no-hopers; that isn't the makings of an interesting competition.

I don't see how people can say this team is not good enough to win EL. We have most of the players still from a side that went to the final of the CL. To say this group of players is not good enough to win a trophy of that size makes no sense imo. They took out strong City and Ajax sides, all without Harry Kane. At full strength, Spurs would definitely be one of the favourites.
Agreed. We just need to add some further depth and improve in key positions and we should be winning the Europa League if we enter it.

Really hope we see the 4-3-3 today. Probably will be the 4-2-3-1

Hugo
Serge-Toby-Dier-Davies
GLC-Winks-Tanguy
Stevie B-Kane-Sonny

Hugo
Serge-Toby-Dier-Davies
GLC-Sissoko
Stevie B -Dele- Sonny
Kane

Really hope we see the 4-3-3 today. Probably will be the 4-2-3-1

Hugo
Serge-Toby-Dier-Davies
GLC-Winks-Tanguy
Stevie B-Kane-Sonny

Hugo
Serge-Toby-Dier-Davies
GLC-Sissoko
Stevie B -Dele- Sonny
Kane

I would like to see the 4231 more than the 433 anyway... but with N'Dombele or Lamela in the Dele role. Dele on later if we need something different / slow the game down

Back
Top Bottom