Sheffield United v Tottenham Hotspur - July 2nd - 6pm(UK)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ideally we would line up with:

Lloris
Toby-Sanchez-Jan
Bergwijn-Lo Celso-Skipp-Fernandes-Son
Kane-Alli

Realistically we will go with:

Lloris
Aurier-Dier-Sanchez-Davies
Lo Celso-Sissoko
Bergwijn--Alli-Son
Kane

Must must must MUST win game. Sheffield have looked atrocious recently... so bound for a good performance I guess.

No excuses. Gotta slaughter these championship long ball merchants.

The only way I hope we see Ndombele is if we are up 4-0 and only have 5 mins left, otherwise the game is much too important to risk playing this plug in meaningful minutes.
Give the guy a chance. He's only been here 5 minutes. He may turn out to be lousy in the end but once or twice we've had him put through some wonderful defence splitting passes. Granted it's got to happen much more often but the talent is there if Jose can just coax it out.

Must must must MUST win game. Sheffield have looked atrocious recently... so bound for a good performance I guess.

Their last game, in the 2nd half they really came out strong. They looked solid at the back and dangerous up front. They certainly weren't "atrocious ". This is going to be a hard game, make no mistake.

Give the guy a chance. He's only been here 5 minutes. He may turn out to be lousy in the end but once or twice we've had him put through some wonderful defence splitting passes. Granted it's got to happen much more often but the talent is there if Jose can just coax it out.
You’re up early doc, like the positivity. Agreed he’ll turn out just fine

Ideally we would line up with:

Lloris
Toby-Sanchez-Jan
Bergwijn-Lo Celso-Skipp-Fernandes-Son
Kane-Alli

Realistically we will go with:

Lloris
Aurier-Dier-Sanchez-Davies
Lo Celso-Sissoko
Bergwijn--Alli-Son
Kane
Well I much prefer the realistic option than having son and bergwijn as wing backs. :roseunsure:

Lloris
Aurier - Toby - Dier - Davies
Lo Celso - Sissoko - Ndombele
Bergwijn - Kane - Son

JUST GIVE US WHAT WE WANT GOD DAMNIT!

No goals conceded from open play in 180 minutes and you want to drop Sanchez for Toby?

Personally, I'd prefer we stick the the 4-2-3-1 that the players are familiar with.

Lloris
Aurier - Sanchez - Dier - Davies
Sissoko - Lo Celso
Lucas - Alli - Son
Kane

Lamela or Dele is 50/50 choice for me.

I only see Ndom making an appearance if we are chasing a goal with 20 mins left.

We play in our third kit by the looks of it.
Can't remember if we ever actually won a game in that kit yet? :gallashmm:

tumblr_on3pitShzX1um2igbo2_r1_400.gifv

Lloris
Aurier - Toby - Dier - Davies
Lo Celso - Sissoko - Ndombele
Bergwijn - Kane - Son

JUST GIVE US WHAT WE WANT GOD DAMNIT!

What we should want is a win. Don't care how. Don't care about personell.

But saying "we want" Toby in place of Sanchez after 2 very solid displays by Sanchez-Dier duo is outrageous!! We finally got some stability in the department there. Why should we replace fast Sanchez for ageing (and slowing) Toby?!? would seem awful idea.

Also I have no issue with Ndombele left out of starting XI if Mou decides it like this. I hope he turns out the way we all hoped (who wouldn't) but right now I am sceptical about this actually happening. If gaffer decides it like this, I am fine with Lo Celso in slightly advanced position and Sissoko-Winks behind him in CM.

Just hope we do well today. Win is a must!! COYS!

lose and we're 9th.. NINTH!!!
Win and we're surprisingly then only 7 points of 3rd placed Leicester.
Draw no good for us.

(no this isn't a haiku).

We must take our chances when teams around us drop points. COYSSSSSSS

lose and we're 9th.. NINTH!!!
Win and we're surprisingly then only 7 points of 3rd placed Leicester.
Draw no good for us.

(no this isn't a haiku).

We must take our chances when teams around us drop points. COYSSSSSSS
Lose and we're 9th.. NINTH
Win and we're 7 points off third place
Draw no good for us

There you go, now it's a haiku

I have too much time on my hands I know

Must win.... Top six, six pointer....
Dr Tottenham to be struck off tonight for 'not doing his job'!
Spurs go marching on...

Is THAT Haikummmme on you Spurs?

Sheffield United haven't been great recently but is it a must win game?

Yes, it will keep our very, VERY faint hopes of Champions League qualification alive but it's far more likely that we'll be playing in the Europa League and do we really want that?

Back
Top Bottom