Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah, Matty Cash, compared to Aaron's is a non started, much better going forward, faster, stronger, in general just bigger and they are about the same defensively I'd say & he has 1 year left on his deal, I've watched him alot and he would be an upgrade on Aurier for me

Where as Sangare, I think we need a big physical defensive minded midfielder who can also play, I've seen him twice so im so-so on him, but if where going for Hojbjerg based on stats which it looks like, you'd think our french scouting expert would go for him because his stats are great

Kinda missing my point.... With no links and no trf strategy previously declared, why were you expecting (eg) those 2 players?

How does (eg) Hojberg any less fit the bill?

Do we actually have a "french scouting expert"?

The reason we got to a high level was making under the radar signings, and I'd still hope we get Ocampos who could do deals like these, not spunking 25 mil on a average rightback

Things have gone quiet on that front.... I'd expect further rumblings if it was in the pipeline.... Afterall, the trf window is essentially open now isn't it?

Kinda missing my point.... With no links and no trf strategy previously declared, why were you expecting (eg) those 2 players?

Things have gone quiet on that front.... I'd expect further rumblings if it was in the pipeline.... Afterall, the trf window is essentially open now isn't it?
Yes the French scouting expert is Steve Hitchin who should also be relieved of his duties.
Moura Ndombele and Aurier were 3 of his French signings costing £100 + million I would say he is far from an expert

Im not nor haven't ever said at any point these are the signing I expect, I expect us to be smarter with the money and not just look at the league we are in

Yeah Steve Hitchen, our scout is a French League Expert

Liverpool winning the league title by 20 points and then going after a guy like Thiago is a perfect example of what we didn't do. And it could possibly explain why we've devolved into shit.

We peaked a few years ago. And just kinda coasted after that. Until last summer we didn't make any big moves to improve the team, let alone the starting 11. This resulted in the squad becoming content. They weren't being challenged by other players behind them, they weren't shown backing by the chairman, and the manager grew apart from them as time went on. Poch called for a rebuild awhile back and we desparately need it.

Liverpool winning the league title by 20 points and then going after a guy like Thiago is a perfect example of what we didn't do. And it could possibly explain why we've devolved into shit.

We peaked a few years ago. And just kinda coasted after that. Until last summer we didn't make any big moves to improve the team, let alone the starting 11. This resulted in the squad becoming content. They weren't being challenged by other players behind them, they weren't shown backing by the chairman, and the manager grew apart from them as time went on. Poch called for a rebuild awhile back and we desparately need it.

Great-post.jpg

Yeah Steve Hitchen, our scout is a French League Expert

Yes the French scouting expert is Steve Hitchin who should also be relieved of his duties.
Moura Ndombele and Aurier were 3 of his French signings costing £100 + million I would say he is far from an expert

I'm aware we had a chief scout in the aforementioned Mr Hitchen; but "French scouting expert" must be an unofficial title I wasn't previously aware of. :dawsonlol:

Im not nor haven't ever said at any point these are the signing I expect, I expect us to be smarter with the money and not just look at the league we are in

Hense "(eg)".... You examplified them as the type of signings you expected did you not?

Maybe EPL proven IS smart if the cash isn't there to gamble on maybes...? Perhaps reliable is what is needed right now?

...I'm not claiming to have the answers to our summer recruitment, but an open mind wouldn't hurt.

With all the will in the world Sangare & a champo RB could easily be just another bust.

I think Jose is going to want to go heavy on defense in this window and then kinda go from there. He's spoken highly of our attacking options. Once he gets his defense settled he should be able to evaluate the attacking options better.

The more I think about it, the braver I think we need to be. I love Dele but I think it may do both sides good if we move on. He's not our worst player but he'd bring the most back from our "replaceable" caliber of player.

Let's be conservative and say we'd get 50-60 million for him.

Sell some combo of... Aurier (15 million), Lucas (30 million), Sanchez (25 million), Sissoko (15 million).

In total we could ~120 million.

Bring in...

Eze from QPR (15 million)
Fraser/Willian (free)
top class DM (40 million)
top class CB (40 million)
starting caliber RB (25 million)

I don't know enough about prospects to say who I'd want to bring in but we need to move out the players who have shown they're not good enough.

The more I think about it, the braver I think we need to be. I love Dele but I think it may do both sides good if we move on. He's not our worst player but he'd bring the most back from our "replaceable" caliber of player.

Let's be conservative and say we'd get 50-60 million for him.

Sell some combo of... Aurier (15 million), Lucas (30 million), Sanchez (25 million), Sissoko (15 million).

In total we could ~120 million.

Bring in...

Eze from QPR (15 million)
Fraser/Willian (free)
top class DM (40 million)
top class CB (40 million)
starting caliber RB (25 million)

I don't know enough about prospects to say who I'd want to bring in but we need to move out the players who have shown they're not good enough.

I get your thinking behind Dele; he's starting to feel like a square peg when one considers how to evolve this team....

Most seem to want either a 433 (see GLC & TN) or a system with a new CAM a la Eriksen.... Both leave Dele in limbo and I don't see him being a particularly great option if regularly coming from the bench.

That said (as reliable as any valuation is without a buyer at hand - Dele Alli - Player profile 19/20 ) I can't see anyone dropping 50m+ on him in current form and climate.

I'm at the point where selling Dele would be fine with me.

Send him to Spam in exchange for Rice and we'd probably be much better off.

Last edited:
Not very keen to get rid of Dele, he's worth a good 10 goals a season and young and English, I doubt we would replace him with anyone better.

Back
Top Bottom