Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"It is unclear which players Barcelona would be willing to part with in part-exchange but full-back Nelson Semedo, Ivan Rakitic, Samuel Umtiti and Philippe Coutinho are among those free to leave the Nou Camp this summer."

So is Messi he’s a free next summer is he not included?

I would rather loan Sessegnon at this point than sell unless we are getting a great return on him and the Barca players do not appear to be a great return.

Semedo would be of interest but i don't watch enough of him to know. Although a RB that is 26 and has started quite a bit for Barca seems like it would be a fit.

I don't mind the idea of adding Coutinho because we need more creativity and if we could add him without it affecting buying new FB's, DM, back-up striker and CB then I would be all for it, but I can't imagine that would be the case at all. If we are moving Ndombele we need to address our needs and Coutinho would be a nice extra to add, he should not be the main piece of the off-season.

Would people be in favor of Ndombele plus small amount of cash swapped for Umtiti and Countinho?

Lloris
Castagne - Dier - Umtiti - Davies
Lo Celso - Hojbjerg
Bergwijn - Countinho - Son
Kane

Would people be in favor of Ndombele plus small amount of cash swapped for Umtiti and Countinho?

Lloris
Lo Celso - Hojbjerg
Kane

If Mourinho wants players with heart he should probably stay away from coutinho. Saying that, I don’t think we’d take him and they seem desperate to offload.

We should ask about Griezmann. He hasn’t had a great time there and they want to buy Martinez from Inter. It’s the level of transfer we should be looking at.

Lloris
Lo Celso - Hojbjerg
Kane

I think Umtiti has struggled with knee issues that have really hurt his play but if that is not the case and he is still close to what he was at best I would go for it.

I think I would rather move Ndombele for either 60 million or a 60 million value DM but if the only realistic option is Ndombele coming back or those two from Barcelona I would take the Barca duo.

Lloris
Lo Celso - Hojbjerg
Kane

Nope.

PC = Over-rated luxury player + mega wages > Would rather hedge our bets on Ndombele.
SU = Ageing, physically deteriorating + mega wages > Short term fix at best if his body holds up.

Castagne & Hojberg would still need financing too so I'd rather go big at DM and keep TN.

Last edited:

Lloris
Lo Celso - Hojbjerg
Kane

Umititi is knackered, his legs have gone after repeated injuries and he never plays. Coutinho is nothing special and has an insane salary. It’s not good value for us.

Great defending by Aarons there.

Lucky that went it.... That was anything but clean contact.

Nice assist from the Norwich lad tho. :pochsmirk:

EDIT: In fact has Wellbeck EVER scored a cleanly struck goal in his entire career? ...Normally off the shin or his arse.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom