Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

TintedClearcutHarpseal-size_restricted.gif

As a nation we should win something, but then England are like spurs when expectations are raised.

It's also not nearly as good of a squad elsewhere. Other than TAA there's not really another world class player elsewhere in the team.

But man alive, that's the best front trio international football has seen in awhile, and unlike Argentina's mess, they fit together perfectly.

Agreed mate, hence why some of us would love new owners and to be taken over by a super power. Seems the only way now to gain real success.
The new stadium alone isn't going to cut it, I think levy has a vision that we can win the same things as the others by not spending as much.
I think he is hoping that we "get lucky" like Leicester or suddenly produce 7/8 world class players from the academy, both of which are not going to happen so I'm not sure what his plans will be next sell up hopefully.

Agreed mate, hence why some of us would love new owners and to be taken over by a super power. Seems the only way now to gain real success.

I don't think that is the only way to success. Liverpool's owners aren't super powers but what they did is let the football people make the majority of the decisions. Now they put limits on what they could do but after that they seem to have taken a step back and let the football people make the decsions.

I think for many (there will always be complainers) if Levy was not so involved in the day to day football decisions there would be less criticism. Sure some would be mad we aren't spending Chelsea/City money and there will always be comments about him being cheap but for Levy he has the double edged sword of giving the football guys limited funds and then seemingly stepping in and dictating financial terms on deals preventing us from getting players that the football guys want or preventing us from selling guys because he doesn't see them getting enough values.

I ultimately want him gone because I feel he doesn't value winning anymore than what it brings him financially and I think other owners are willing to look at the intrinsic value of winning more, however I would be happy if for now he brought in proper football people to handle that business, gave them a budget to work with and let them do their thing without him thinking he is the master negotiator who can get the greatest deal every time.

Back
Top Bottom