Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The new stadium alone isn't going to cut it, I think levy has a vision that we can win the same things as the others by not spending as much.
I think he is hoping that we "get lucky" like Leicester or suddenly produce 7/8 world class players from the academy, both of which are not going to happen so I'm not sure what his plans will be next sell up hopefully.

Get lucky?

We have the best (and most expensive) training facilities in world football.

It is not a marketing scheme, Valencia is truly hosting a backyard sale. Surely some of the players would be good to have. Even as a backup.

Kondogbia defensive mid and Gomez striker. They also have the South Korean Messi but I think they want to keep him and build a new team around him

The new stadium alone isn't going to cut it, I think levy has a vision that we can win the same things as the others by not spending as much.
I think he is hoping that we "get lucky" like Leicester or suddenly produce 7/8 world class players from the academy, both of which are not going to happen so I'm not sure what his plans will be next sell up hopefully.
If you're right, he's completely deluded.

Last edited:

It is not a marketing scheme, Valencia is truly hosting a backyard sale. Surely some of the players would be good to have. Even as a backup.
City are able to do what Barca used to do. The player says “I’m not going anywhere else” so the selling club has no leverage to get a higher fee. Plus they’re one of the few clubs that pay alot of the fee upfront as opposed to Levy’s 10 quid a year for eternity arrangement.

The only way we're getting Kondogbia as well as Holjbjerg is if someone like Sissoko is being moved on. Skipp is going on loan, but it'd still leave us with too many in that position. I'd like us to sign Kondogbia, he'd be great in the DM role.

So blantantly obvious that we need a CAM
and apart from some tentative links to Eze and Coutinho , we are not being linked to any other players in that role.

Our team lacks any creativity right now , everything is falling on Lo Celso's shoulders who isn't a CAM.

The City deal for Ferran Torres looks like a steal. Good price, 20 years old and bags of potential

But the team I support still wants to persist with Erik Lamela

Hold on you are saying that if we got Thiago Silva here you would cry out of frustration/disappointment?

And are comparing adding Thiago Silva to Willian????

Out of disappointment and no I would just not like any of them. These two are both after one big payday and do not care about us and are not what we need to progress. Saying that neither are any of the other players we are linked with. Other teams are scouting the world for top players we are s top team looking for average or past there best players.We are just going to fall further and further behind .

So blantantly obvious that we need a CAM
and apart from some tentative links to Eze and Coutinho , we are not being linked to any other players in that role.

Our team lacks any creativity right now , everything is falling on Lo Celso's shoulders who isn't a CAM.

:deledoubt:

Back
Top Bottom