Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thanks I have no intention of watching the documentary not now or ever.
Me neither. Never really been a fan of "cringe comedy" - stuff like The Office - even if I can appreciate that its very clever and well made. Why on earth any Spurs fan would want to watch cringe tragedy is beyond me.

It's like we've made a feature-length version of AFTV

Last edited:
Me neither. Never really been a fan of "cringe comedy" - stuff like The Office - even if I can appreciate that its very clever and well made. Why on earth any Spurs fan would want to cringe tragedy is beyond me.

It's like we've made a feature-length version of AFTV
Yeah agree I don't believe in fly on the wall Doc's being aired especially while people are still playing.

Or, if there is a deal it will be Brozovic coming to Spurs, not Skriniar.

But it hinges on Spurs wanting to move Ndombele on, and by all accounts we don't so yeah, probably nothing happening here.
I think we want shot of Ndombele, but want our money back which isn't going to happen considering he has hardly played or inspired we he has.
As with all things spurs/levy related it is all about the money and much can we cream off or save.

He isn’t but he is in comparison to a slave owning corrupt little fiefdom in the Middle East or a blood soaked Russian gangster who have been deemed fit and proper to own UK sports teams.

I wouldnt have allowed either to pass a 'fit and proper' owner test.

But suggesting that Amazon's owner (which doesnt pay much tax - less than the upkeep of the costs of the roads his delivery drivers use funded by the tax which other people pay to subsidise Aamazon's non payment) is somehow some paragon of virtue who Spurs fans should want to own the club is just ignorant as to why Amazon has a shed load of cash. And if he cant be bothered to pay his drivers much, it tells you how he would run Spurs too

There is a scale and Bezos is on it; but i can't disagree with the above.

There is, it’s called greedy little barstard, we have one in the tax dodging Joe Lewis. Being a scummy barstard and owning a football club these days seem to go hand in. That being said compared to the pieces of work owning Chelsea and Man City Bezos and Joe Lewis are positively Nelson Mandela.

NO need to rush, when is deadline day ?
I await the 4 levels of denial as the window slowly dissapears.
Letting the big boys do all their business first. We're close to a couple but agents keep moving the goalposts. ITK says Harvey White and J Neill Bennett look amazing in training so we're holding off on blocking their way. Auriers and Sissoko's stats hold up pretty well against others we were trying to sign.

I think we want shot of Ndombele, but want our money back which isn't going to happen considering he has hardly played or inspired we he has.
As with all things spurs/levy related it is all about the money and much can we cream off or save.
I think Mourinho wants shot, because he's not showing the desire to play that others have. I think Levy wants him to stay because he's to stubborn to admit he made a wrong call.

The only way Levy will play ball is if we get a very good player swap deal, or minimum £45m back. I imagine the deal to sign Tanguy had add ons based on achievements (qualify for the UCL, winning a cup, so many appearances).

giphy.gif

I await the 4 levels of denial as the window slowly dissapears.
Letting the big boys do all their business first. We're close to a couple but agents keep moving the goalposts. ITK says Harvey White and J Neill Bennett look amazing in training so we're holding off on blocking their way. Auriers and Sissoko's stats hold up pretty well against others we were trying to sign.
There is fifth that no one dare speaketh of for fear of being rounded upon by his henchmen, which is "this isn't Levy's fault"

Back
Top Bottom