Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think Mourinho wants shot, because he's not showing the desire to play that others have. I think Levy wants him to stay because he's to stubborn to admit he made a wrong call.

The only way Levy will play ball is if we get a very good player swap deal, or minimum £45m back. I imagine the deal to sign Tanguy had add ons based on achievements (qualify for the UCL, winning a cup, so many appearances).
Embarrassment rules

How dare he move to Bahamas in the 1970's and not pay uk tax
You missed the point of him being a tax exile & ignored many of my other points. Wonder why! Joe is perfectly happy for us to take evil Amazon's slave wage money. So I suggest you send his secretary an email about it as he thinks Amazon is ok. Joe screwed the uk over with his black Wednesday exploits. You have already lost any credit as its clear you will defend joe at all costs & turn a blindeye to any of their immoral wrongdoings.
You also support furloughing staff during their hour of need yet criticise how amazon treat their staff. Its one rule for us & another for everybody else.
Sorry, you ain't going to change my mind or many other's who agreed with me. You keep painting joe as a saint if it helps you cope.

Last edited:
You're a pompous git! And your prose is awful. And you brought up the weather. not me.....and I've seen way too much mindless optimism at work to be anything other than guardedly optimistic. And I don't see anything happening at the moment to be guardedly optimistic about. It's really a case of hope for the best. except the worst. Staves off too much bitter disappointment.
If my prose is bad then your grammar is shite, I presume you mean expect the worst.

To come on here and post this fucking negative crap :
we'll be lucky to see 6th next season. Probably no Harry after that. Maybe no Sonny. Where's it all going to end? The Championship?

I'll stay pompous and optimistic thanks.

Last edited:
Watch him do nothing in the PL though

It's possible mate but no certainty. I do think it's a gamble but it's the intent.

Remember you made such statements about Van Dijk at you have to admit thry were wide of the mark.

On Rancho I tend to think he will be good but not as good as the outlay.

The broader point is perception. I don't expect such expenditure but we need to act like a serious club.

How dare he move to Bahamas in the 1970's and not pay uk tax
In case you missed it.

Our owners have done some morally wrong & unscrupulous things. Tax exile & black Wednesday. They were quick to furlough the staff too. So we can't exactly get on our high horse about how we treat our staff or how our owners made their fortune. Millions in bonuses to levy & then furloughing lowly paid staff. Not wanting to get in to that old debate again. But we can't be too judgey over how Amazon treat their staff when we were gonna get rid of ours in their hour of need.

Ps. didn't we agree to do a deal with evil Amazon for a documentary for more millions!!!! We don't care how you got your money as long as you bring it! 50m blood money for walker? Sure! No questions asked.

@jeffbezos please buy the club!
Sign the petition and make it a reality. Stadium needs naming rights anywayv
>when you realise the roof of the stadium could be turned into an Amazon Alexa.

Gid-of-White-Hart-Lane.gif

CTYL.gif

I actually think he’ll end up at Palace. They’re preparing for Zaha’s exit and have already had a £12m bid rejected if you believe the reports.
I can't speak to the UK, or internationally, but perhaps it's a function of your economy/work force?

Drivers in the US make what the average employee makes

Driving and delivering packages isn't skilled labor, so of course it's going to be lower paying... that doesn't mean the company treats employees poorly
Seen the way the warehouse staff get treated? Battery farmed chickens spring to mind. Timed toilet breaks classy. Mind you bet Levy would love a bit of that Mill owner master sweep action.

Well it is really because Levy is ultimately the reason for the yawning chasm between us. He's made us an unattractive prospect.
Great point. He has made us very unattractive to good players. Even If we can match the wage/fee, they see a team on the decline who seem to have no real desire to go to the next level. Unlikely to get a winners medal with us.

Back
Top Bottom