Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would be a very good deal. KWP and 3m for Höjbjerg. Always wanted KWP to make it here but it's been clear since that Barcelona game he is never going to.
Word is that Soton offered £13m, but Levy insisted that he get a deal done that was "a player we don't want + £3m" to scratch off his bingo board.

Its not a great addition, but at least it addresses a position of need and shouldn't be such a high payment that we can't address other needs.

Would have loved a better player but with Levy in charge that obviously isn't happening.
If he gets injured or is off form it's back to Winks.

Never paintred a saint.

Think you've lost it mate.

I was pointing out to you that someone who emigrated from UK in 1970's to live a life in another country - so 50 years ago - is no longer automatically a UK taxpayer.

If you want to dispute that, go ahead.
You still keep ignoring the rest & missing the point of the one part you do acknowledge. You think lewis is a good moral guy, I don't.
Anyway, no point us going around in circles on this one. Lets leave it at that & let lewis keep on taking that evil Amazon ill gotten riches.

Great news. Signing a good player for our weakest position in the first team - without really spending, and early in the window.

It also sends a good message for the next deals: we don't have a lot of money to spend. I think we are interested in keeping this way - from the 200m loan on.

Last edited:
With a £3m net spend on Hojbjerg, it works well for the rest of the window. If rumours are true that we had between £40-50m to spend plus any money we make on sales we could end up with a good window.

Do you have a link for that?

Edit: found a story in the UK, Nothing like that reported in the US that I could find.

It's not right. And like I said, I don't care if Amazon buys the Spurs or not. If these timed breaks are violating employment laws, then someone should prosecute.

My cousin works for Amazon in the US. He was injured on the job a couple years ago and almost lost his hand. just after him and his wife had thier first kid. It took him almost a year to recover, they never once gave him a hard time with medical bills or anything. He was able to return to his normal work and he never has a bad thing to say about Amazon.

I on the other hand have worked for UPS and when I hurt my back they did everything possible to not help me, taking me to a small room with 4 people and having me write on a blank piece of paper that I started feeling pain at home and then they took me to their doctor and sent me the bill when they denied my workers comp. We were only permitted one 10 minute break if you worked under 6 hours. Sometimes that break was an hour into the day because everyone went on break when the alarm went. I remember going to the bathroom once in my year working there, I had my supervisor yelling through the door to get back to work.

I've worked at plenty of call centers where you have alloted 2x15 minute breaks and you will get in trouble if you use that break outside of the scheduled time because you have to use the bathroom.

Thankfully I don't work in these types of hell anymore but I honestly hear people complain about Amazons worker conditions and the people I know who work there are happy and I know plenty of places personally that are much worse.

Who would bring 2 out of those three and how much would that chap cost?
I honestly dont know. Few names comes in mind, but only my only knowledge of them are from FIFA. I hope our recruitment staff can figure it out, since it was probably high on their task list.
I'm keen on Castagne, but felt like we need another one with better athleticism than him. Wonder whether the interest from us was concrete or not, since he seemed to be attainable easily (keen to join, last year contract, came from Serie A) but we have no further news.
There are Emerson and Semedo from Barca and seemed on their way out too.

I'm not too keen on Zeki Celik though, just the general build of the guy is not something i try to find on a FB. If we are to get someone from the Asisstant's old club, we should go for Gabriel, any of their winger or Soumare. We seemed to be linked with quite a lot from Lille, i hope there is some truth in it, not just some lazy journalism due to the obvious link.

Back
Top Bottom