Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's possible mate but no certainty. I do think it's a gamble but it's the intent.

Remember you made such statements about Van Dijk at you have to admit thry were wide of the mark.

On Rancho I tend to think he will be good but not as good as the outlay.

The broader point is perception. I don't expect such expenditure but we need to act like a serious club.
Rancho? Is this Woody's mate from toy story?

Great point. He has made us very unattractive to good players. Even If we can match the wage/fee, they see a team on the decline who seem to have no real desire to go to the next level. Unlikely to get a winners medal with us.
We are seen as a good prospect, but not a serious player who can challenge and win things.

We are seen as a good prospect, but not a serious player who can challenge and win things.
Besides the top 4 it is probably close between us & Woolwich as to whos seen as the next best prospect amongst players. But we are definately above everyone else. So its frustrating, as we are just on the outside edges of the top level but never take the next step up.

It's possible mate but no certainty. I do think it's a gamble but it's the intent.

Remember you made such statements about Van Dijk at you have to admit thry were wide of the mark.

On Rancho I tend to think he will be good but not as good as the outlay.

The broader point is perception. I don't expect such expenditure but we need to act like a serious club.

Not watched much of him to be fair, he looked pretty ordinary for England, quick bit lacking in creativity. Opinion seems split on this board.

You missed the point of him being a tax exile & ignored many of my other points. Wonder why! Joe is perfectly happy for us to take evil Amazon's slave wage money. So I suggest you send his secretary an email about it as he thinks Amazon is ok. Joe screwed the uk over with his black Wednesday exploits. You have already lost any credit as its clear you will defend joe at all costs & turn a blindeye to any of their immoral wrongdoings.
You also support furloughing staff during their hour of need yet criticise how amazon treat their staff. Its one rule for us & another for everybody else.
Sorry, you ain't going to change my mind or many other's who agreed with me. You keep painting joe as a saint if it helps you cope.

Never paintred a saint.
You missed the point of him being a tax exile & ignored many of my other points. Wonder why! Joe is perfectly happy for us to take evil Amazon's slave wage money. So I suggest you send his secretary an email about it as he thinks Amazon is ok. Joe screwed the uk over with his black Wednesday exploits. You have already lost any credit as its clear you will defend joe at all costs & turn a blindeye to any of their immoral wrongdoings.
You also support furloughing staff during their hour of need yet criticise how amazon treat their staff. Its one rule for us & another for everybody else.
Sorry, you ain't going to change my mind or many other's who agreed with me. You keep painting joe as a saint if it helps you cope.

Think you've lost it mate.

I was pointing out to you that someone who emigrated from UK in 1970's to live a life in another country - so 50 years ago - is no longer automatically a UK taxpayer.

If you want to dispute that, go ahead.

Seen the way the warehouse staff get treated? Battery farmed chickens spring to mind. Timed toilet breaks classy. Mind you bet Levy would love a bit of that Mill owner master sweep action.
Do you have a link for that?

Edit: found a story in the UK, Nothing like that reported in the US that I could find.

It's not right. And like I said, I don't care if Amazon buys the Spurs or not. If these timed breaks are violating employment laws, then someone should prosecute.

- Reports come out Conte wants Ndombele and cites Skriniar, Brozovic, and Perisic as names he’d include in a deal.

- Spurs leak that they’re not selling him.

- Reports from Italy double down on Conte wanting Ndombele.

- Spurs admit talks from Inter but stand firm at not wanting to sell.

- Conte is publically angry with his board about not getting help.

So if you put it all together, Inter has been calling, Levy has been saying no, Conte got mad at Inter for not being able to get the deal done.

Is that plausible? If so, there is potential they come back with an offer Levy can’t say no to.

Sancho is very good and very young and very English. He basically walks into any team outside of Liverpool/City, and even there I think you could make a case for him.

As much as I like to shit on United, when you have more money than everyone else it doesn't matter if you fuck up you can just buy more dudes. It's hard to say they got this one wrong.

That's pretty decent business even if Hojbjerg is just a utility spare part mixing in with Winks and Sissoko, and I think he might be more than that and could provide a platform on which others could play better football in Mourinho's system.

My only hesitation is that if someone is willing to pay that much for KWP, surely he's grown to being better than Aurier, right?

Its not a great addition, but at least it addresses a position of need and shouldn't be such a high payment that we can't address other needs.

Would have loved a better player but with Levy in charge that obviously isn't happening.

Back
Top Bottom