Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We borrowed X-amount, but also fronted a great deal on the broader project which cost in excess of £1B.
So, basically, you're saying Daniel is a liar?

tenor.gif

I can't wrap my head around why we would want to pick up players from Bournemouth.

They went down for a reason. Callum Wilson scored 7 league goals in 35 performances.

Hojberg I get, his stats are amongst the best in the division.

Wilson and Brooks is a big swerve for me.

We've raided the relegated clubs before and it hasn't taken us forward see Neil Sullivan and Chris Perry
see carrick and defoe

Super player that Bale was for us, I am ashamed of this guy's behaviour.

He has no shame in my opinion.

His manager cannot stand him, he is nearing the end of a fabulous career and he sits and rots. Some will say principle - bo!!ocks.

Utterly disgusting.

Oh I don't know; getting away with a slap on the wrist rather than a (deserved) european ban and now immediately flaunting their financial doping by overpaying for a mediocre player which will also set the tone for another inflated market.
Agreed, but United paying £80m for Maguire probably did more to fuck up the market than this does.

At least Liverpool can claim they bought the player that ended up being a top 3 CB in the world for £75m.

Super player that Bale was for us, I am ashamed of this guy's behaviour.

He has no shame in my opinion.

His manager cannot stand him, he is nearing the end of a fabulous career and he sits and rots. Some will say principle - bo!!ocks.

Utterly disgusting.
Shows that he doesn’t give a fuck about football underneath it all

So, basically, you're saying Daniel is a liar?

Huh?

From that article posted:

"Spurs borrowed £637m from Goldman Sachs, Bank of America Merrill Lynch and HSBC for the £1bn project and the money was due to be repaid by April 2022."

If Woolwich get Gabriel Magalhaes that will be extremely frustrating and concerning.

It fills a huge need and shows that they may actually be making smart transfer moves unlike the crap they have been making recently.

Oh I don't know; getting away with a slap on the wrist rather than a (deserved) european ban and now immediately flaunting their financial doping by overpaying for a mediocre player which will also set the tone for another inflated market.
But they failed miserably to impose a ban, meanwhile they continue to be ambitious and act quickly to retain and improve their position.
I just don't see why opposition fan's get shitty when s club tries to do it's best to win everything, I guess on the flip side there will not be many of city fans who would swap places with us.

Back
Top Bottom