Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Shaqiri was a bench player for Liverpool. not exactly a ringing endorsement as a comparable for a player coming in to help solve issues we have in the midfield.

Also, when the biggest "defense" of Hojbjerg is that not every player coming in has to be great that is a pretty discouraging compliment for what is likely to be our biggest signing of the window. If we were adding 3 more guys that were better then perhaps that is an easier pill to swallow but when this is likely our key addition to a team that struggled to reach 6th I think people have every reason to question why we are bringing in a guy to play out of position that's biggest asset is "not every one has to be great."
I think he is good enough to play for us and would be a good addition. I stressed 'not every player has to be world class' to appease the naysayers who are not happy with him. It is about bringing in a player who the management believe would release those around him to play better or their more natural game.
So assuming it works and playing Hojbjerg releases Ndombele to play as we know he is capable then it is a very worthwhile signing.
He also would be bought to play as a DM which I understand is his best position and something we don't have at the moment. We could do with some proper protection in front of our defence.

MVP giveth

MVP taketh away

Guys it's one thing to say we are going to consider offers, it's quite a different thing to get offers, any offer at all. Poch tried to get rid of him and would have got rid of him but no bids came in. No one is going to pay 18 million for Sissoko especially in this climate.

The GOAT over on the fantasy forum:

Who: The Goat
When: 7th August
Where: SC

We've heard from a couple of sources now that PEH's medical is scheduled for Monday

I guess after he's been shopping at Harrods........

Fuck me. Has the thread title changed to Poch instead of Summer transfers?

I'm going to get the best of both worlds.

We should sign Poch to play RB. We already pay him as it his. Might as well get some service out of him.

There are so many RB'S we've been linked with , I'll try and compile them all in a list
  1. Aarons
  2. Celik
  3. Castagne
  4. Hysaj
  5. Atal
  6. Dalot
  7. Mukiele
  8. Dumfries
  9. Emerson
  10. Semedo
Now maybe there's more than that , but that's 10 names and I'd say 8/10 of those names are better than Aurier (Really don't rate Hysaj and very unsure on Dalot).

In reality we need 2 New RB'S , I'm sure we get 2 of those 10 and be able to give good gametime to both RB'S.

8/10 of them are upgrades

Here would be my order of favourites
  1. Mukiele
  2. Atal
  3. Dumfries
  4. Emerson
  5. Aarons
  6. Celik
  7. Semedo
  8. Castagne
  9. Dalot
  10. Hysaj
Feel free to disagree btw :D

This is what I've been saying for a while now. There's a real scarcity of quality, proven RB options out there isn't there.

I'm not even sure Dumfries that great, whenever I've seen him I've not been blown away, but I haven't watched him loads. He played against us last season twice ?

Atal, Castagne definitely play mostly as WB's, so we have to take on trust how they'd be in back 4's, personally I think it would test Castagne more, as although he's got a good up and down engine he's very one paced (I disagree a bit with RESPECT THE COCK RESPECT THE COCK though, I think he's reasonably composed in forward areas - I'm just not sure he'd be getting up there as much in a back 4).

On pure ability terms I'd put Samedo top of that lot. the rest all have some pretty big question marks over them for various reasons. I like my FB to be able to attack, so I'd probably take a punt on Atal, but it's not a rock solid opinion.

This is what I've been saying for a while now. There's a real scarcity of quality, proven RB options out there isn't there.

I'm not even sure Dumfries that great, whenever I've seen him I've not been blown away, but I haven't watched him loads. He played against us last season twice ?

Atal, Castagne definitely play mostly as WB's, so we have to take on trust how they'd be in back 4's, personally I think it would test Castagne more, as although he's got a good up and down engine he's very one paced (I disagree a bit with RESPECT THE COCK RESPECT THE COCK though, I think he's reasonably composed in forward areas - I'm just not sure he'd be getting up there as much in a back 4).

On pure ability terms I'd put Samedo top of that lot. the rest all have some pretty big question marks over them for various reasons. I like my FB to be able to attack, so I'd probably take a punt on Atal, but it's not a rock solid opinion.
When you say Castagne is one-paced, do you mean he doesn't have a change of pace?

My impression of Atal is that he cannot defend for toffee.

I think we have to accept we’re unlikely to get an experienced RB who’s good defending and attacking in our price range. So you have to decide do you want a more experienced player who’s maybe good at one facet and maybe weaker at the other, or a rawer player who could be developed to be good at both?

Back
Top Bottom