Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fully understand, but I would honestly rather nobody. Son can fill in, as could Bergwijn. Had enough of us clogging up our team with slightly above average budget options.

We should be looking at the likes of Jovic, not Wilson.

We know the score, we are not spending lots of cash. £10-15m for a proven home grown striker who can cover Kane is a no-brainer. I’d rather we be doing some of what Chelsea are and bring in the likes of Werner but this is where we are as a club.

We know the score, we are not spending lots of cash. £10-15m for a proven home grown striker who can cover Kane is a no-brainer. I’d rather we be doing some of what Chelsea are and bring in the likes of Werner but this is where we are as a club.

Wilson doesn't really make any sense though, unless it's genuinely just to lump him on the bench until Kane gets his inevitable January injury.

We should be looking for someone that can play alongside Harry in a two.

I don't think we'd have to pay Werner money for that. If everything has gone tits up with Covid, let's offer to take Jovic on loan and see what happens. Surely more ambitious than picking over the carcass of a relegated team.

Worth a reminder that Spurs already have the maximum 17 overseas trained players in the squad (under UEFA rules), so we will need to say goodbye to one or two of them to sign overseas trained players (NB. Under PL rules Davies counts as HG so we have 16 out of 17 spots full).

Several HG spots available for new incoming transfers.

Current Squad assuming Hojbjerg in and KWP out and Parrott on loan :

Gk’s - Lloris, Gazzaniga
CB’s - Alderweireld, Sanchez, Dier, Foyth, Tanganga (u21)
FB’s - Aurier, Davies, Rose (Club)
CM’s - Ndombele, Winks (Club), Sissoko, Skipp (u21), Gedson (loan) Hojbjerg
AM’s - Dele (Assn), Son, Moura, Lamela. Lo Celso, Sessegnon (u21), Bergwijn
FWD’s – Kane (Club)

Player Designation Summary

Overseas Trained (maximum 17) : 17 (inc. Hojbjerg)
Club Trained : 3 (Kane, Winks, Rose)
Trained by other FA Affiliated Club : 1
U21’s – 3 (Skipp, Sessegnon, Tanganga)
Total - 23

So if Aurier leaves we can replace him with another overseas trained player, and similarly Foyth.

After those two, the options are more tricky with Gedson (cancel loan), Sissoko and probably the ever injured Lamela (JM seems to like Moura) or a sale for players and cash (nobody has the money for an outright buy) of Ndombele perhaps being the most likely.

But easy to bring in 3 players trained in clubs affiliated to The FA.
We definitely need to say goodbye to a few!

You would rather sign King? Might also be in our price range.

We are not gonna pay more than £12-15m for a back-up striker.

but the point he's making is why see it as just as a back up for Kane, purchase someone that can play alongside Kane and deserves a place on the team sheet regardless. That way its an investment and not considered as money wasted for a backstop. It doesn't have to be an established international, where's the next young Suarez, heaven only knows what are scouts are doing. I assume we have some. :levywtf:

but the point he's making is why see it as just as a back up for Kane, purchase someone that can play alongside Kane and deserves a place on the team sheet regardless.
Then we need to pay serious money for a striker, which is never gonna happen this window.. At most they are looking for a relatively cheap back-up.

You would rather sign King? Might also be in our price range.

We are not gonna pay more than £12-15m for a back-up striker.

Kristeva Kristeva beat me to the punch. To be honest, Brooks is the one I’d take from Bournemouth. King is more versatile, but again, I think we’ve got into this mindset where we’re only allowed to play Kane until his annual injury.

Maybe it’s because I’ve been reading my Joy of Sex manual and transported back to the early 1980s, but I’ve been taken by the idea of 4/4/2 with a pair of strikers that compliment one another.

Bullet dodged. Woolwich jumped on the grenade for us.

Fine with that, he was a good player but is 32 and his game was based on energy which is going as evident by his performances this season. It’s a bit like buying Vertonghen now rather then when he was in his 20’s.

Willian is still a solid player even at his current age. I’m afraid that we will regret letting Woolwich pick him up.
Yeah people are just coping. He was great last year actually. Good signing for them but we have many strong wingers already and don't need him - and he is a huge cunt.

He will still be good for 1-2 yrs.

Liverpool getting Tsimikas now too apparently. Great signing imo, 11-13m and very dynamic, offensive full bakc.

Then we need to pay serious money for a striker, which is never gonna happen this window.. At most they are looking for a relatively cheap back-up.

Not if the scouts are doing their job properly you don't. Like I said int he rest of my post you don't have to buy an established international, you just need a bit of imagination and a good scouting system

Back
Top Bottom