Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sorry for the off topic, but is this a thing in the UK??

I would beg to differ............

1eddd447f21cb5fe509c12ef846020e8.jpg

GOAL - Lloris / Gazza / Hart
DEFENSE - Aurier / Doherty - Toby / Sanchez / CCV - Dier / Tanganga / Foyth - Davies / Sess / Cirkin
MID - Winks / PEH / Sissoko / GLC
ATT MID - Ndombele
/ Lamela / Alli
WIDE ATTACK
- Moura / Bergjwin / Son / Gedson / Clarke / Sess
STRIKER - Kane

So, if I've got it right; we look something like this. Looks like pretty good depth to me. Left back seems lacking, but remember that Tanganga can play left back; as can Dier.

The stand out red flag is that we have no 'big guy' up top to win long balls and bully defenders. This should give some clues as to what type of player Jose may want. If we are playing tippy tappy; or on the counter attack - Son, Moura, Alli and Lamela can all play center forward. However, if we are in the lead and playing defensively we do not currently have a good outlet for the ball - hence why we seemed to conceded may goals when were a couple of goals up.

Those are awful large assumptions to make. First to assume that I've never had to deal with depression, and that Eriksen suffers/suffered from it. Being anxious for a new challenge doesn't necessarily mean depressed.

That's why he was rarely getting playing time for a while.
My point being he was extremely unhappy for the whole season because his desires weren't being met. In that state of mind, he's not going to have much drive. And I'm sorry if you've been depressed. Too much time on here will do it.

Season starts Sunday, we final bought PEH to replace Wanyama after a couple of seasons of using Dier/Winks in midfield, sold KWP bought Doherty, replaced Vorm with Hart.
Fantastic window! :tobyarm:

That plus 150k a week seems quite a lot for someone with no knees.
I've only seen that he wants around 100k a week. Which is very much doable.

As for the knees bit that is true. But his last serious injury was in 2017-18 and he has adapted his playing style since.

He is without doubt the biggest name we are linked to outside of Gareth.

Hearing about the Milik and no knees worries me, or medical staff are overworked as it is with our current players, we can’t afford another sick note signing

Hearing about the Milik and no knees worries me, or medical staff are overworked as it is with our current players, we can’t afford another sick note signing
It is obviously something to be aware and concerned about. But all his best goal scoring seasons have come after both of his knee injuries so it doesn't seem to hamper him too much. And according to Transfermarkt he has only had 3 registered injury spells since his last big knee injury. One of which was a 5 day spell due to inflammation in the knee.

Rose was linked to Cagliari a few days back correct? Let's work out a deal with them where Cholito Simeone goes the other way.

He won't have a problem fitting in with Foyth, Gio, Lamela and Gazza around.

Back
Top Bottom