Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Something to consider about Daka wanting to stay in Austria is he's part of the RB food chain, so he knows a move to Leipzig will be imminent if he's looking the biz, especially now Werner has gone. Being in no rush to move to London just yet might not be completely mental.
Actually seems like a good plan. That I hate.

Surprised that Milik is even being considered if Daka is available for £20M. Never seen a greater one-trick pony than Milik with his "left foot trickery" ..Daka on the other hand has so much more potential

According to Mundo Deportivo Willian José's agent has informed Sociedad that there is interest in the striker from the Premier League. And Sociedad is okay with selling him if there is an actual bid made.

Round 2?

Daka 100%

Younger, more dynamic, even if he costs up to 30 mill. Any player we buy carries the risk of failing but we have to get over the fear and just go for it

Dan Kilpatrick just reported that Daka wants to stay in Austria this season .. probably sees himself as a top player and is holding out for a move to a bigger club.

Price was never going to be £20m for Daka, closer to £40m. Milik is good but I think I'd rather a more mobile alternative to Kane. Eduoard please.

Dan Kilpatrick just reported that Daka wants to stay in Austria this season .. probably sees himself as a top player and is holding out for a move to a bigger club.

Price was never going to be £20m for Daka, closer to £40m. Milik is good but I think I'd rather a more mobile alternative to Kane. Eduoard please.
Edouard will be £30-35m easy.

I thought Daka would be the one, but now it seems more likely to be Diallo. Milik is a possibility, but wages and fee will be a lot more than Diallo.

Daka :mourcheeks::mourfacepalm::mourcry:

I can't say I have seen this Daka bloke, so not really in a good position to judge his quality.

What I know categorically is that all those years ago I was on a day trip in York and watched Walker in a play-off game and I said to my son at the time, that this was a top player in the making.

If this Daka is that good and we want him, then we should be going all in to convince him we want his signature to help us become that top team.

Ultimately every transfer comes with a gamble factor but equally without gambling you invariably stay in the sea of the average.

In other words we won't go for him.

Last edited:
Unless we make a couple more signings, it's another poor summer I'm afraid. Everyone knows where our weaknesses are and we haven't addressed them.

To an extent.

Mentality, potency and resilience are the 3 I would cite.

I think we have actually bought 3 players who will improve our mentality and resilience.

I really worry about our potency. We looked second rate last season and at times so one dimensional. Nothing changed in that regard thus far.

Edouard will be £30-35m easy.

I thought Daka would be the one, but now it seems more likely to be Diallo. Milik is a possibility, but wages and fee will be a lot more than Diallo.
Do you reckon they would hold out for that seeing as they have missed out on the champions League? Can't be doing that great financially at the moment

Back
Top Bottom