Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

People are saying Bale is finished. You have people saying Kane has peaked. Mourinho is done as a top manager...

Have 3 people ever needed MORE motivation?
The clowns on Twitter are dangerously underestimating Bale. He’s had a torrid time at RM past couple of seasons but he will remind everyone why he was signed in the first place for a then record fee

Ralph Hasenhuttl insists Danny Ings has "zero interest" in leaving Southampton and dismissed suggestions of the player being sold to Tottenham as "absolutely nonsense".

Danny Ings right now:
giphy.gif

This is the rumor that makes the least sense to me. Going from numero uno to a bit of uncertainty. Going from a style of play that is getting the most out of you to a style that is clearly still trying to find an identity. Form is everything for a striker and for Danny that means a possible England spot. If I was him, the move financially makes sense, but career-wise could be another Liverpool.

This is the rumor that makes the least sense to me. Going from numero uno to a bit of uncertainty. Going from a style of play that is getting the most out of you to a style that is clearly still trying to find an identity. Form is everything for a striker and for Danny that means a possible England spot. If I was him, the move financially makes sense, but career-wise could be another Liverpool.

I think it stems from him only having 2 years on his deal and if he doesn't sign a new deal then they lose him for a lot less next summer.

But I do agree with you. I can't see us putting up the money Southampton would want. He's priceless to them right now and without him, they probably get relegated.

I mean I logically know that they’re just doing headshots and jersey media and such, but if they don’t fucking announce this today I’m going to drink myself into oblivion this weekend.

(I was going to do that anyway)

I don´t know if someone brought this before (different time zones):

According to Alasdair Gold, we are paying 40% of Bale´s wages (240k per week) and we have the option to extend the loan for a second year.

Basically, I couldn´t ask for anything else.

I think it stems from him only having 2 years on his deal and if he doesn't sign a new deal then they lose him for a lot less next summer.

But I do agree with you. I can't see us putting up the money Southampton would want. He's priceless to them right now and without him, they probably get relegated.

Yeah, they don't have many goals in that side right now. Ralph is getting a lot out of that team and Danny is the lynchpin. Really surprised they haven't invested a bit in the squad as they are like us, an injury to the striker away from falling apart.

Back
Top Bottom