Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not to derail this thread, but the reason those two deals got over the line for LFC was the financial terms. £5m for Thiago this financial year. Only £4m of the £45m for Diogo J.! Rumor was they preferred Sarr to Diogo but Watford wouldn't play ball with payment structure.

Cash flow a major concern at all clubs outside of City and Chelsea (possibly United). Which, when you consider things, is a bit ironic that Spurs may have one of their best windows in ENIC's tenure.
Iiiiiinteresting.

Could this add validity to those rumours our activity has recently picked up because of *some reason*?

I have achieved fuck all in the last 3 days which means I have to work ridicuclous hours next week. A grown man sat "WFH" in his pants refreshing The Fighting Cock and Twitter for hours upon end and still no announcement. What have I become? Who the fuck cares?

He's coming home.

Not to derail this thread, but the reason those two deals got over the line for LFC was the financial terms. £5m for Thiago this financial year. Only £4m of the £45m for Diogo J.! Rumor was they preferred Sarr to Diogo but Watford wouldn't play ball with payment structure.

Cash flow a major concern at all clubs outside of City and Chelsea (possibly United). Which, when you consider things, is a bit ironic that Spurs may have one of their best windows in ENIC's tenure.
Levy is a master of payment structures and this summer he will be arranging them more intricately than ever

Iiiiiinteresting.

Could this add validity to those rumours our activity has recently picked up because of *some reason*?
No idea, honestly. It makes logical sense that Liverpool would have cash flow issues just because they've spent BIG the past 2.5 years and really haven't sold anyone of note. FSG as an ownership group is not going to spend money that the club doesn't have and their wage bill is large.

I think Levy went into this market looking for deals and opportunities and all 4 (5 if you include Hart, lol) have been those kind of transfers. The club could spend less than £50m net and still bring in 7 players, including 4 starters.

It's a weird window.

I have translated this into Swahili, and this cunt still makes no sense.

Hercules:

Sergio our new LB
Told the buy back option is not a given lob-sided agreement that works in RM’s favour by just pushing a button. We in other words, it is not we want him back and pay you a little extra, thank you etc. Not that simplistic.

Back
Top Bottom