Tottenham Vs Newcastle - Sunday 27th Sept, 2pm KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Instead of sorting out wrong calls VAR somehow has appeared to have given greater scope for corruption. Biased I maybe but we don’t ever seem to get the rub of the green. People point to the City Champions League saying VAR favoured us- but Sterling was genuinely offside so that was a correct decision. When did we ever get a 50/50 VAR decision go our way? I can remember Kane being pushed in the back and being denied a stonewall pen when referred to VAR, I can remember Moura being fouled and falling onto the ball and us scoring and it being disallowed. Then there was the Son goal against Leicester that was given and then disallowed by VAR even though it looked onside when they drew theVAR lines on. Then there have been some poor decisions this season already. Call me paranoid but it does feel as though there is a genuine agenda against Spurs
They hate us because we do it the right way, Spurs is run properly and Sky and the premier league like money doped clubs as it makes them feel important

Son injured now...Kane should be nowhere near the team Tuesday. Fuck the milk cup. Need to start using the squad more with an injury so early in the season. A club the size of spurs and STILL one striker is still a fucking crime. We’ve had time to find a striker. Waiting this long is insane. Stop fucking around with milik and get someone in ASAP

Instead of sorting out wrong calls VAR somehow has appeared to have given greater scope for corruption. Biased I maybe but we don’t ever seem to get the rub of the green. People point to the City Champions League saying VAR favoured us- but Sterling was genuinely offside so that was a correct decision. When did we ever get a 50/50 VAR decision go our way? I can remember Kane being pushed in the back and being denied a stonewall pen when referred to VAR, I can remember Moura being fouled and falling onto the ball and us scoring and it being disallowed. Then there was the Son goal against Leicester that was given and then disallowed by VAR even though it looked onside when they drew theVAR lines on. Then there have been some poor decisions this season already. Call me paranoid but it does feel as though there is a genuine agenda against Spurs

Might be or might not but it has given cheats an opportunity, any ref or VAR assistant could easily be bribed to only look at one team. It has opened a can of worms, far from fixing issue it may have created more.

For the first time in a few years I didn’t bother watching the second half. Despite what people were saying that we played good football in first half bla bla, I didn’t see anything really exciting. We hit the post twice because of shots outside the box and what else? Can’t break down a defensive side with Winks and Hojbjerg who both are passing it sideways and backwards.

We made some small improvements under Mourinho but in 10 months it’s not enough. This manager’s apparently one of the best in the game and it doesn’t show.
We also have to pretend Brighton didn't score 3 past them.

I'm just trying to imagine the match day experience if things were back to normal.

I've travelled up from Bristol to watch us put in a terrible display and get beaten 1-0 by Wigan. Then not get home until gone 11. Fine, it happens.

If I'd been at the game today (assuming fans were back in) I'd be demanding my money back from the FA. Not just the ticket, but travel costs and compensation.

People simply won't bother watching if shit like this becomes the norm. There's already no point in celebrating a goal in case some minor infringement happened 20 minutes earlier.

The game is fucked.
AND, if you were at the game unlike the sofa sitters, you wouldn't even have the courtesy - as a money-paying, match day supporter - of seeing the fucking non-handball incident. You'd just be sat there totally mystified like the rest of the paying mugs.

Football is officially fucked. Ruined by absurd rule changes and technological intrusion. Plus, no fans this season. Bollocks to it.

Based on today’s display, by the time Ndombele is fully fit and replaces Winks, Reggie replaces Davies, Bale replaces Lucas, Son fully fit... watch out.

With all the VAR and cheating, watch out. We will be some force.
Has Mourinho EVER played 2 offensive central midfielders consistently? It's gonna be Sissoko/Winks/PEH double pivot at most most times imo. With one offensive half 10.

Could be a City fan instead I guess...

giphy.gif

They had 10 men behind the ball until we scored, and then they STILL had 10 men behind the ball. Showed no intent to play football and score for 90 minutes (they weren't even really trying to counter) and they get gifted a disgraceful penalty. I can handle us getting out played and losing or drawing, I can handle a team getting lucky and nicking a goal, but this was a result not governed by the actual players on the pitch.

Fair pay to Bruce for coming out and saying it's bullshit.

I guess the good things are that we played quite well today I thought and the league isn't really our top priority anyway.
They were always going to play like that, you could hear the players shouting at each other "stay in the game". If they had conceded a second there was no coming back, but at 1-0 they were always going to chuck Carroll on with 15 minutes to go.

I would prefer to see Erik Lamela play in Wink's position. Erik is more mobile, he's feisty and better at tackling. Convert him to a defensive midfielder! Winks is too slow and bang average. Skippy is better but he's been loaned out.

Back
Top Bottom