Tottenham Vs Newcastle - Sunday 27th Sept, 2pm KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The letter of the law that didn't apply to Newcastle when they hand balled it in the box.
So did we appeal ? did VAR check/examine the incident regardless of the referee's non-action ? was it over ruled as handball ? or are you suggesting the referee favoured Newcastle and ignored it, along with the VAR ref sat up in the room full of monitors ?

One thing I will never get...... And it pisses me off way more than other club's fans.....

The apologist brigade within our own camp....

"We've only got ourselves to blame...."

"We should have put this to bed ages ago..."

"It's our own fault for not scoring 20 goals...."

Listen to yourselves!

We've just been blind robbed of 3 points by a farcical decision that is completely against any sembelence of intelligent thinking!

And your first reaction is that its our own fault.

:pochcry:
sometimes we are the architects of our own destruction but today wasn't one of those days. We were indeed robbed of 2 points.

So did we appeal ? did VAR check/examine the incident regardless of the referee's non-action ? was it over ruled as handball ? or are you suggesting the referee favoured Newcastle and ignored it, along with the VAR ref sat up in the room full of monitors ?
Oh dear ...

Not sure what to make of football anymore.

- VAR calling randomly, ignoring some things and reviewing others the fake news of Football. VAR is the twitter of sport.

- handball rule that means you can just shoot the ball at defenders arms to get penalties

- no fans in stadiums

- some Footballers not taking wage cuts while the country and world is a mess, solidarity my arse

- the Man City FFP decision that means corruption is fine and dandy.

I love Tottenham but I have fallen out of love with the game, it’s a mess.

I was told that VAR checks everything. Happy to be corrected though.

Lacelles hand balled it in their box from an Ndombele shot. I wouldn't say it were a pen but I don't see the difference between that and Dier. The main difference I guess was that Lacelles was facing Ndombele.

Angry or not, that's a cowardly comment!
Well you know what... if that makes me a fucking coward who's TERRIFIED that the world as we know it is fucked, then so be it... football has very little to do with the bigger picture... but it's coming into stark reality now.

I know that football was ALWAYS a brief, albeit futile respite to life... always has been... it's what it's there for... to take away and distract from the horrors of ACTUAL life... it's a DISTRACTION... a sideshow... but now, it appears that has gone too... 'cos it's just as corrupt as the rest of life.,.. and now we have to deal with how the REAL world is spontaneously combusting, and taking something as insignificant as football with it...
yes, it's one poxy result in amongst a heap of others... but the bigger picture is far darker... football died long ago... I just wasn't prepared to accept it... but now I am.

But thanks for the wake up call. I lashed out. Sorry. Wong post.
I guess I AM just a cowardy cowarady custard.... thanks for pointing it out!

What has this got to do with big clubs ? We finished 6th, we have to play Europa qualifiers because of that, what's that got to do with anyone else? We are not the first PL team to have to do that?
Just how I understood it. I think he’s just frustrated that we seem to be playing three games a week which is pretty much unheard of in a normal season.

I think he’s commenting on the ‘big clubs’ getting lots of decisions: VAR, starting the season late...whatever. Shitshow, whichever way we look at it.

This is gonna be horrible on here tonight isn't it...? and i'm not gonna help either, so i'm out for the time being. Probably for the best, eh? Before I say stuff I REALLY regret!

But it did first half and we should have been out of sight
They upped it 2nd half as we knew they would but still didn’t manage a shot on goal from open play
I just can’t see how that was a penalty as Dier wasn’t even facing the ball when it hit him
Unlike our penalty shout in the first half!
Joke decision but same last week with Doherty. With VAR its a massive risk having a 1 goal lead. Don't get me wrong, we were very unlucky especially in the 1st half. I just half expect bad decisions against us, so I am never comfortable with a 1 goal lead. At least kane wasn't sending off I guess.
Hopefully city win as well.

What has this got to do with big clubs ? We finished 6th, we have to play Europa qualifiers because of that, what's that got to do with anyone else? We are not the first PL team to have to do that?

How many PL teams have played Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday? 4 games in 7 days. If you think that's ok and normal and it happens all the time then fair play

Back
Top Bottom