Tottenham Vs Newcastle - Sunday 27th Sept, 2pm KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But how do you jump properly with your hands down? He gets enough stick as it is...if Dier tried to jump like that and they scored he'd be lynched
The idea Dier's arms were in an unnatural position makes no sense. If that's the rule it means the attacking player can jump using his arms, the defender can't.

But this isn't on Dier. He jumped with the arm straight down his side. Got pushed, the arm went up.

Yeah - seen the replay plenty of times since my post.

It's not a foul on Joelinton in the first place. Dier is pushed in that whole sequence, someone looks offside when the ball is played too. All round a calamity of a decision.

Not the refere's fault today or yesterday. They are adhering to the letter of the law. I'm not shouting, like I normally used to, and saying "Oh fuck off Ref that was never a penalty !"
Now I am watching him look at a slow motion replay again and again not taking into account any other factor whatsoever except "Did the ball touch the arm whilst it was in what is defined under the handball law as an "unnatural position".

I can seriously imagine some of the referees being embarassed at having to give such decisions. They may be pig headed cunts at times but in these circumstances they are simply doing their job and complying to the rules.

Only one place for the shower of shit to fall and that's the FA. I just hope and pray they all have their hands down by their sides when it does hit and get covered from head to toe. We cannot allow this to continue for the rest of the season. This absurdity within our beautiful game needs dealing with NOW !

The letter of the law that didn't apply to Newcastle when they hand balled it in the box.

It's match fixing at it's best, VAR should gone with his handball rule. It's almost that every play you check you'll find somethig wrong, but VAR has unlimited power to decide what plays will be checked or not, they can do whatever they want!

Rather them than Liverpool
I used to think that, but at least Liverpool have a strong history and a smartly bought squad (even if their fans are insufferable), Man City were mid-table to lower table fodder, had been for decades that got a bunch of dirty oil money and attracted players with obscene wages, hell it was probably a decade or less previous they were in what is now League One for crying out loud.

I’m not saying its a fair decision. But what is the alternative, keep jumping the same way and giving penalties then complaining on this forum? It’s fuckn shit but surely in the last minute of the game when u almost just had a penalty, keep ur fuckn hands down.
Try jumping as high as you can...note how you can jump higher using your arms for leverage.
Id be crucifying Dier if he opted not to jump with Carroll,last minute or not.
Why should some bullshit rule lead to defenders standing like statues with arms behind their backs?
Sod it, let's just amputate all defenders' arms and be done with it

For the first time in a few years I didn’t bother watching the second half. Despite what people were saying that we played good football in first half bla bla, I didn’t see anything really exciting. We hit the post twice because of shots outside the box and what else? Can’t break down a defensive side with Winks and Hojbjerg who both are passing it sideways and backwards.

We made some small improvements under Mourinho but in 10 months it’s not enough. This manager’s apparently one of the best in the game and it doesn’t show.
We outplayed Newcastle in every department, the goalkeeper kept them in it and was probably motm

If I’m a coach I’m telling my players to kick it at the defenders arms every single time they get in the box

I can’t see how this won’t work. If that’s the rule, we can’t lose. We get down the sides and what’s easier? Picking out Harry surrounded by 3 defenders or the closest defenders arms about 5 yards away.

We should get three pens a game and make a mockery of this whole VAR nonsense

I slightly disagree. They had a couple of handballs in their box but VAR didn't call shit.

They spend 5 minutes drawing offside lines which clearly show the shoulder is out in front yet don't call it.

Rules are rules but they only seemed to apply to us this game. Even the "foul" wasn't a foul leading up to it yet VAR said nothing.

The refs are deciding the games now. Not the players. That is a 4 point swing in favour of Manure this weekend due to VAR.

Refs have always decided games, they are actually deciding them less through wrong decisions than before. Penalties for fouls and offside are now much more accurate, where before they were much more incorrect.

It's not due to VAR. It's due to stupid handball rules and poor refereeing decisions. VAR wasn't at fault for ManU's pen yesterday or not giving Brighton's dives, the ref was at fault today for giving a free kick that had nothing to do with VAR in the build up. VAR actually tried to check for an offside that that hadn't been given by a Lino, no VAR we don't get that opportunity for a correct lifeline.

Removing VAR isn't going to give us less games won and lost through bad refereeing and linesman decisions, it's going to give us more.

I’m not saying its a fair decision. But what is the alternative, keep jumping the same way and giving penalties then complaining on this forum? It’s fuckn shit but surely in the last minute of the game when u almost just had a penalty, keep ur fuckn hands down.

Shut up. He didn't do anything wrong there, the decision was a fucking joke.

He didn't use his hands, his arms are used when jumping for leverage and protection. The same way Carroll uses his arms when he jumps.

One thing I will never get...... And it pisses me off way more than other club's fans.....

The apologist brigade within our own camp....

"We've only got ourselves to blame...."

"We should have put this to bed ages ago..."

"It's our own fault for not scoring 20 goals...."

Listen to yourselves!

We've just been blind robbed of 3 points by a farcical decision that is completely against any sembelence of intelligent thinking!

And your first reaction is that its our own fault.

:pochcry:

Back
Top Bottom