Tottenham Vs Newcastle - Sunday 27th Sept, 2pm KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

FUMING. Absolutely enraged.

Fuck this, I'm going out for a run to cool off before I end up taking it out on someone unfortunate.

Sickened. If this is modern football them I'm out, I'm done.

I gotta get away from my computer.

I am so absolutely Livid at how they ruined my beloved game.

Not dealing with this well.

And now just heard on talkshite, Son has a hammy and will be out for weeks.

Just fuck off.
Hopefully ENICunts will finally be forced to buy a striker

I'm being deadly serious - if United can continue after the final whistle then why not replay the last two minutes after overturning that?
Because they didn't even bother to check it. Have you seen yesterday's Chelsea 3-3 goal? Handball of Havertz should be checked, but we were shown what happened about 5s later, the shot itself. And then magical "No handball".

easy for Bruce to be gracious as they gained from it. What would have been a bigger statement would be telling his forward to miss the pen on purpose. Managers doing that shows the premiership and refs they are wrong. Will never happen though.

But he didn't have to criticise the current situation as strongly as he did.

He'd be crucified for telling a player to miss a penalty, the point they got today could keep them up if they struggle this season.

Mate I don't even want to watch football any more. Utter sickener.
VaR isn't the problem. It is the rules/laws VAR is told to strictly govern. It is farcical. I thought after last season's introduction it could only get better. Kudos to them for somehow managing to screw it up even more. Bravo

I slightly disagree. They had a couple of handballs in their box but VAR didn't call shit.

They spend 5 minutes drawing offside lines which clearly show the shoulder is out in front yet don't call it.

Rules are rules but they only seemed to apply to us this game. Even the "foul" wasn't a foul leading up to it yet VAR said nothing.

The refs are deciding the games now. Not the players. That is a 4 point swing in favour of Manure this weekend due to VAR.

So with this new rule EVERYTHING that hits arms are penaltys, ridicoulus???!!!!
We should have had 2 penaltys then, but the fucking Sky didn´t even bother showing the replays the cunts, because they knew!!!!

This is fucking serious, the league is rigged big time, and the FA have an clear agenda against Spurs!

The shit teams will start hitting everything into the box now and getting penaltys.

And somehow and in a strange way VAR always seem to favour ManUre, Liverpool, and ManCity, this is fucking sickening.

Having said that, we should have killed this in the first half. We are not deadly enough when creating chances.
They’ll change the rule when it affects Dippers/ Shitty / Utd... be interesting to see how the ugly teams play against those 3 now - no need for a MF, just lump it to two tall lads up front and see how it goes.

Imagine we took some more of our chances? nobody would be harping on about the injustice of Newcastle getting an injury time consolation goal. Fine margins in football and holding onto a 1-0 lead for about 70 odd minutes of football is always going to be difficult. It does fucking suck but what can you do?
Yeah. I thought doherty handball was a joke decision too last week.

Bollocks. We didn't hold out for a lead for 70minutes at all.

The same happened to us last week.... Can't expect to score 5 every fucking game.

That's exactly what happened, we didn't 'hold out' in the sense it was backs to the wall stuff (quite the opposite) but when you're not getting number 2 and 3 and the game continues you're always in dangerous waters.

Best league in the world...worst refs in the world.

Reason is there is absolutely no accountability. It's a closed shop. Don't have to justify anything. No punishments for mistakes. No requirement to publicly explain themselves.

They're all shit so they all defend each other so they keep their salaries.

Until there is proper accountability, the refs will remain absolutely awful.

Not the refere's fault today or yesterday. They are adhering to the letter of the law. I'm not shouting, like I normally used to, and saying "Oh fuck off Ref that was never a penalty !"
Now I am watching him look at a slow motion replay again and again not taking into account any other factor whatsoever except "Did the ball touch the arm whilst it was in what is defined under the handball law as an "unnatural position".

I can seriously imagine some of the referees being embarassed at having to give such decisions. They may be pig headed cunts at times but in these circumstances they are simply doing their job and complying to the rules.

Only one place for the shower of shit to fall and that's the FA. I just hope and pray they all have their hands down by their sides when it does hit and get covered from head to toe. We cannot allow this to continue for the rest of the season. This absurdity within our beautiful game needs dealing with NOW !

Back
Top Bottom